New job Contract Management Tertiary Deputy in Utah
Contract Management Tertiary Deputy
Company : US Department of Defense
Salary : $109,757 - $144,907 a year
Location : Utah
See below for important information regarding this job.
Additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement.
This position is designated as a Key Essential Position. The incumbent cannot vacate this position during national emergencies without seriously impairing the capability of the Agency to function effectively. The Deputy must be removed from their military recall status if alternatives for filling the position during an emergency are not available
- Serves as Deputy to the Commander of a Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) tertiary activity.
- Shares the commander's responsibilities for accomplishing DCMA's mission, strategic goals, oversight of all activities in line with Contract Administration Delegation, and the training and mentorship of DCMA employees.
- Plans and directs all activity work and ensures operations are accomplished within DCMA guidelines and timelines.
- Advises key stakeholders, major program command's product and program managers at the O5 and O6 Command levels on important contract management issues; directs action to identify and resolve critical administrative and/or technical problems.
- Reviews and assesses program milestone status, reports, and/or program management reviews, and makes operational recommendations to support DCMA's mission and all stakeholders and their interests.
- Performs the full range of managerial and administration functions to support personnel.
- Responsible for the development, documentation, and operation of both internal processes and administrative and technical controls.
- Formulates organizational strategies, tactics and budget plans to acquire resources.
- Maintains updated, comprehensive awareness of current and emerging programs.
- Represents the organization in consultations with key officials and Senior Leaders and Management officials.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
1101 General Business And Industry
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Security Requirements: Non-Critical Sensitive with Secret Access
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination, where reciprocity cannot be applied; unfavorably adjudicated background checks will be grounds for removal.
- Selective Service Requirement: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service.
QualificationsTo qualify for a Contract Management Tertiary Deputy, your resume and supporting documentation must support:
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience that equipped you with the competencies to successfully perform the duties of the position and is directly in, or related to, this position. To qualify for the NH-04 level, specialized experience must be at the NH-03 or GS-13 grade level or equivalent under other pay systems in the Federal service, military or private sector. Creditable specialized experience includes:
- Ensuring operations are accomplished within DCMA guidelines.
- Making adjustments to accommodate changes in program objectives.
- Advising key managers of important contract management issues and directs action to identify and resolve critical administrative or technical problems.
- Continually scrutinizes activity operations, reviewing and assessing program and milestone status, reports of program reviews, and DCMA operational recommendations.
- Making decisions on problems not resolved at lower organizational levels, determining appropriate action to deal with administrative or operational problems.
- Representing the organization in consultations with key officials concerning technical elements of contract management, contract funding, policies, and legislation.
- Reviewing programs to establish or reassess goals, to identify impediments, and to determine needs for changes in direction.
- Performing the full range of personnel managerial and supervisory functions.
- Keeping subordinate managers informed of personnel management programs and employee services, approves subordinate's selections of employees to fill key vacancy vacancies, personally selects key subordinate officials and develops training plans for key subordinates.
Substitution of education may not be used in lieu of specialized experience for this grade level.
- This position does not meet criteria for appointment of Reemployed Annuitants. The DoD criteria for hiring Reemployed Annuitants can be found at: http://www.esd.whs.mil/Portals/54/Documents/DD/issuances/140025/1400.25-V300.pdf
- Tour of Duty: Flexible
- FLSA: Exempt
- Bargaining Unit: No
- Selectee may be required to serve a trial/probationary period.
- Recruitment/Relocation/Retention Incentive may be authorized at Management's discretion.
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) expenses may be paid in accordance with the Joint Travel Regulation (JTR). When you perform a civilian PCS with the government, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) considers the majority of your entitlements to be taxable. Visit https://www.dfas.mil/civilianemployees/civrelo/Civilian-Moving-Expenses-Tax-Deduction/ for more information.
- Financial Disclosure Required
- Acquisition, Technology & Logistics(AT&L) CAP: This is an Acquisition, Technology and Logistics Workforce Critical Acquisition Position (CAP) that requires Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) Level III certification in one (1) of the following career fields: Contracting; Engineering; Production, Quality and Manufacturing (PQM); or Program Management.
- Supervisory Probation Required
- THIS IS A DCMA CRITICAL ACQUISITION POSITION. Unless specifically waived by the appropriate Component official, as a condition of employment, the incumbent of this position is subject to mobility requirements per DCMA Guidance: (a) Selectee must be a member of an Acquisition Corps at the time of appointment. (b) Selectee must execute, as a condition of appointment, a written agreement to remain in Federal service in this position for at least three years. In signing such agreement, the employee does not forfeit any employment rights, nor does such agreement alter any other terms or conditions of employment.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
The assessments for this job will measure the following Competencies:
- Managing Human Resources
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility and/or score.
Once the application process is complete, a manual review of your resume and supporting documentation will occur to determine if you are eligible and among the best qualified as determined by the predetermined cutoff score. Your score is based on your responses to the assessment questionnaire.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
The documents you are required to submit vary based on the authority you are using to apply (e.g., applying as a veteran, applying as a current permanent Federal employee, applying as a reinstatement, etc).
PLEASE REVIEW THE BELOW LINK FOR OTHER SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS needed for proof of eligibility: https://www.dla.mil/Portals/104/Documents/Careers/downloads/DoDGenAppInfo%2012-1-2020.pdf?ver=ECNbdsHtGilTd3OENN4A0Q%3d%3d
If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further:
1. Your resume: May be submitted in any format and must support the specialized experience described in this announcement. If it includes a photograph, hypertext/hyperlinks, or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation. For additional information see: What to include in your resume.
2. You MUST submit documents verifying your eligibility with your application package. These documents may include, but are not limited to:
- If Using Your Education to Qualify: You MUST provide a complete copy of transcripts, licenses, etc. to support your educational claims. See the education section of this announcement for details.
- For current Federal Employee:
- You must provide SF-50, or other equivalent official "Notification of Personnel Action" (Note: Request for Personnel Action (SF-52) and Award actions are not acceptable)
- For Military Spouse Preference (MSP): You must provide a signed Military Spouse PPP Self-certification Checklist, PCS orders/verification of duty location assignment, a copy of marriage certificate or license and documents as listed on the Military Spouse PPP Self-certification Checklist.
- For Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): If you are an eligible Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) applicant you may apply for special selection over other candidates for this position. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at a score of 85 or higher for this position. ICTAP eligibles must submit one of the following as proof of eligibility for the special selection priority: a separation notice; a "Notice of Personnel Action" (SF-50) documenting separation; an agency certification that you cannot be placed after injury compensation has been terminated; an OPM notification that your disability annuity has been terminated; OR a Military Department or National Guard Bureau notification that you are retired under 5 U.S.C. 8337(h) or 8456. Additional information may also be found at the General Information and Definitions link.
- For Current/Former Military Members:
- Disabled Veterans: You are required to submit a letter from the Department of Veteran's Affairs certifying your overall service connected disability percentage AND character of service.
- Future Military Retirees: Military retirees seeking t enter federal service in the Department of Defense require a waiver if appointed within 180 days following their official date of retirement. You are required to submit a copy of your retirement DD-214 (which indicates character of service), OR certification document, OR a copy of your retirement letter AND a copy of your terminal leave request (if applicable).
- Future Separating from the Military: Yu are required to submit a copy of your most recent DD-214 (which indicates character of service), OR certification document, OR a copy of your most recent active duty orders AND a copy of your terminal leave request (if applicable).Active duty military members who are selected may not be appointed unless on terminal leave or already separated from the armed forces. A "certification" is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions not later than 120 days after the date the certification is signed. The Statement of Service must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters, AND the Statement of Service letter must include your rank, dates of active duty service, the Type of Discharge, Character of Service (i.e. honorable), and, if applicable, when your terminal leave will begin.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Opens in a new windowLearn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
This job is open to
Career transition (CTAP, ICTAP, RPL)
Federal employees who meet the definition of a "surplus" or "displaced" employee.
Internal to an agency
Current federal employees of this agency.
Clarification from the agency
Internal to agency means current permanent Department of Defense (DoD) employees. Veterans eligibilities include Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA). Non-Comp Military Spouses and Military Spouse Preference (MSP) eligibles may also apply.