New job Contract Administrator/Import & Export Coordinator in Maine
Contract Administrator/Import & Export Coordinator
Company : General Dynamics Ordnance & Tactical Systems
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Maine
- Provide procedural guidance for the import/export of hardware and technical data in support of the business unit.
- Ensure that a system for audit, filing, recordkeeping, and retention of technical data and hardware exports is maintained in accordance with GD-OTS and local procedures.
- Submit and Manage Department of Commerce or Department of State licenses and/or Agreements from the application stages, to actively in use and to close out of those authorizations once complete. This function will be worked closely with the GD-OTS’ Empowered Official.
- Responsible for data entry in GD-OTS’ ERP system, including requests for quote, initial data entry following contract award, subsequent changes, and close-outs.
- Assists Contract Managers and others in the business with resolution of issues related to ERP system data entry.
- Assists Contracts Managers in the issuance of instructions that communicate contract requirements and charging direction.
- Supports GD-OTS monthly orders, proposal status, and proposal on-time reporting; supports other reporting requirements as necessary.
- Participates in SOX compliance reporting and issues ERP Input Accuracy Checklists if required; supports numerous internal and external audits.
- Participate in ERP System enhancement initiatives.
Decision Making Impact:
A general list of important decisions regularly made and the resulting impact. Policy involvement, operations involvement, etc.
- Contributes to the completion of orders fulfillment and organizational projects and goals. Inaccurate data entry inputs could lead to incorrect orders reporting and moderate expenditure of resources to rectify errors.
- Exercise independent authority to refuse to approve any import or export, and refer the matter to GD-OTS Empowered Official for further guidance.
- Review/Approve Overseas Travel Authorization (OTA) form.
- Review/Approve Foreign Plant Visit forms.
- Review and approve exports of international correspondence including technical data pursuant to appropriate licenses or exemptions.
Communication & Interaction:
A general list of typical interactions with internal and external clients.
- Frequent internal company and occasional external contacts.
- May represent the Contracts organization on specific projects (e.g., system improvements or evaluations).
- Coordinate with GD-OTS Empowered Official regarding local training requirements to ensure that site personnel are aware of their obligations under the export licenses and regulations governing their activities.
- Provide reports to GD-OTS Empowered Official as necessary to ensure compliance with U.S. Government reporting requirements.
- Coordinate the exercise of the authority delegated herein with site and/or program management representatives, as appropriate.
- Counsel and guidance with respect to the responsibilities of the Export Compliance Officers shall be furnished by GD-OTS legal counsel and the Empowered Official.
A general overview of management authority.
- No direct reports. Works under general supervision.
- Work is reviewed per Policies and Procedures for accuracy and overall adequacy.
- Problem Solving: Develops solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity. Refers to policies and practices for guidance. Provides input and suggestion for improvement to policies and processes.
- Position Not included in GD-OTS’ Delegation of Authority.
- Maintain his or her knowledge of the U.S. Export Regulations and procedures through training recommended by Corporate Headquarters and GD-OTS Empowered Official.
- Have access to and use as appropriate current copies of the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (if applicable to products produced at the site), and GD-OTS and local export policies and procedures.
- Attend periodic conference calls convened by GD-OTS Empowered Official.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strict attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Excellent reading and documentation analysis
- Well organized in communications, habits, and documentation
- Ability to work in a fast paced, sometimes stressful environment
- MS Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint)
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience.
- 5 or more years of applicable experience.
- Knowledge of defense and high technology industries; SBU product offerings; Government and military purchasing processes and regulations
- Knowledge of the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR)
Source : Indded