New job Compliance Specialist in Connecticut
Company : Post University
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Connecticut
Post University is seeking a Compliance Specialist to join our growing team.
POST UNIVERSITY’S STORY:
Post University is a world class, non-traditional learning institution with over 100 years’ rich tradition in making career goals and aspirations become a reality for countless students from across the United States and over 40 different countries. Our growth history is based on retaining passionate professionals who treat students and each other with amazing service. Our business model is simple – “We Make It Personal!”, “ We CARE!”
The Post success story is based on our daily journey wherein each associate lives, thinks and behaves “outside the box” of traditional solutions or cultures. Post University is a family of the best and brightest trail blazers, inspired by our routine way of life – bold, disruptive and fun! We are singularly focused difference makers in the classroom, in the communities we serve, and the non-profit charities we support!
The Compliance Specialist (CS) is responsible for assisting the compliance department in performing auditing functions for all departments within the University.
- student admissions, academic and finance files
- student system of record reporting
- customer service phone calls for compliance (Enrollment team, Student Accounts)
- Maintain Compliance Department “Compliance Book”
- Assist in student complaint investigations and other duties as assigned
- Attention to detail
- Effective communications
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Possess basic understanding of federal student aid processes, government policies, procedures, regulations, and laws.
- Possess basic understanding of Admissions, Registrar, Advising, Academics, Student Account functions.
- Understand R2T4 and Quality Assurance functions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred; however, an equivalent combination of education, experience or training can be substituted for the bachelor’s degree.
- Previous experience in a higher education position such as admissions, tuition planning and/or student finance preferred.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes in rules and regulations
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with associates at all levels of the University.
- Ability to plan, organize, and implement assigned responsibilities and to work well under pressure to meet established deadlines.
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently in a high volume environment with interruptions.
- Skilled in communicating respectfully, sensitively and effectively with people at various levels within an organization.
- Ability to work in a team oriented, objective focused environment.
- Must have excellent PC skills and be proficient in Microsoft Office, Internet applications and database software.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to use tact and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task.
- Current hours of operation are Monday – Thursday 8:00 am to 7:00 pm; Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm and Saturday as needed.
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 130-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Associate Experience, Post University.