New job Compliance & Quality Analyst in Utah
Compliance & Quality Analyst
Company : Northcentral University
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Utah
This position oversees compliance and quality program activities in the Office of the Registrar associated with regulatory requirements (federal and state) and institutional policy. Compliance program activities include, but are not limited to, monitoring and auditing compliance controls, periodic risk assessment, quality and business process audits, , and policy publication and content management. This position is responsible for interpreting regulations and writing compliance memos, providing subject matter expertise on the issues related to regulatory requirements and institutional policy, training team members and creating and maintaining training materials. Additionally, this role is responsible for the design, maintenance, and content management of departmental intranet sites.
- Performs compliance and quality program and project support throughout the program/project lifecycle to ensure initiatives progress to completion
- Compiles and maintains compliance and quality program documentation; this may include but is not limited to: a program overview, including key milestones and deliverables; control matrix, identifying controls, assessing controls, and remediation activities; maintain activity lists of high level and detailed action items and deliverables; setting and meeting timelines/deadlines; and supporting program documentation and evidence
- Documents action items and deliverables and follows up to confirm completion of items with associated owners
- Creates and maintains education and awareness materials for the Office of the Registrar team and cross-functional teams to support department initiatives
- Assists with period risk assessment and related remediation activities in support of Office of the Registrar compliance and quality initiatives
- Performs quality assurance and business process reviews of departmental procedures to ensure compliance with institutional policy and procedure
- Recommends and implements process improvement to strengthen controls and business processes associated with regulatory requirements and institutional policies
- Designs, develops, and maintains Office of the Registrar intranet site content and functionality.
- Assists with development, publication, and content management of the NCU Catalog, policies and procedures manual (PPM), and consumer information
- Prepares reports as requested; this includes working with other subject matter experts to analyze and prepare data including appropriate metrics and trending
- Complies and analyzes data as requested
- Trains team members on institutional and departmental policy and procedure
- Promotes compliance awareness and provides advisory to management, faculty, and team members
- Maintains and increases professional and technical knowledge through training and reviewing professional publications.
- Prioritizes and performs multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ensures compliance with administrative policies and procedures
- Provides support when any team has a staffing outage
- Participates in ongoing department projects, as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of academic and business working of a higher education institution
- Exceptional oral and written communication
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products including SharePoint design and development
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures
- Knowledge of higher education regulatory requirements such as FERPA and HEA
- Knowledge of student information systems (SIS)
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to use and facilitate online communication using email and/or other technology-based communication media
- Ability to solve complex problems and create win-win situations
- Ability to work well in teams
- Skill in operating equipment, such as personal computer, fax, copier, phone system
- Skill in utilizing technology, including ability to navigate web sites, perform word processing, create spreadsheets, send e-mail and electronic messages
- Ability to use and facilitate online communications using email and /or other technology-based communication media
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to prepare letters, reports and business correspondence
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Effective interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited university preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in admissions or registrar’s office, academic advising or student services is preferred
- Current knowledge of higher education regulatory requirements preferred
- Experience with data processing and automated records maintenance systems preferred
- Experience working in a technology-driven enterprise preferred
- Experience working with academic credentials and university policy is required
- All skills, abilities, and education will be considered for minimum qualifications
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The physical requirements for performing the essential functions of this position require the employee to be able to:
- Sit, stand, kneel, walk and reach.
- Be able to lift, push, pull and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Hear well enough to communicate with others.
- Read a computer screen and written material.
- Write type and use phone system.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position operates in a remote, home office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, printers, and phones.
NCU will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Who We Are
Northcentral University (NCU) is a private, nonprofit, online University and a proud affiliate of the National University System with its headquarters in California. We are a graduate university, and a global leader in providing access to regionally-accredited higher education.
NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in technology, health sciences and marriage and family therapy. Our collective goal at Northcentral University is to improve the human condition through the provision of high-quality online degree programs.
NCU was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with access to a richly- engaging, professionally-relevant, and academically-rigorous educational programs. Today, we continue to serve that mission. Many students at NCU are first-generation graduate students seeking to contribute to their communities through their pursuit of academic growth, research, and practice.
Though we support faculty and student research, NCU is a teaching university. Our faculty dedicate themselves to serving students through a pedagogical model of Teaching through Engagement (TTE). The goal is for all NCU students, faculty and team members to be actively engaged within the University community. Engagement is more than just grading and giving feedback, it is an active relationship between faculty and student, a give and take of ideas and information.
NCU offers a one-to-one learning model, where one student is paired with one professor in each course, creating a more personalized, individual experience for students. These experiences are enhanced by professors’ real-world, practical experience. All NCU faculty hold doctoral degrees.
At NCU, we are widening access to education and reducing educational divides. We are proud of the educational opportunities that we provide, and we recognize that providing this kind of access to all students takes work and collaborative effort. We value diversity of people, thoughts, and ideas. Our global reach affords us the opportunity to teach and learn the significance of diversity – and the power it brings to our endeavors.
Take advantage of this exciting opportunity to join a growing team of passionate individuals.