New job Claims Adjuster- Remote in Kansas
Claims Adjuster- Remote
Company : AIG
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Kansas
The Crop Risk Services (CRS) team maintains strong relationships with a network of third party agents that sell government-subsidized as well as CRS crop insurance products to help mitigate the risk and uncertainty of loss for America’s farmers. The CRS Crop Insurance Adjusting staff plays a key role in delivering superior customer service to its customers and agent network and ensuring claims are adjusted accurately and timely on each insurance policy in accordance with the US Department of Agriculture’s Risk Management Agency (RMA) guidelines. As we continue to grow, it is an exciting opportunity to be part of an integral piece of our CRS operation where the service culture combined with our brand and innovative IT systems has positioned us to be the fastest growing crop insurance company in the last six years.
- Complete field inspections.
- Ability to read maps and aerial photographs.
- Measure fields and storage bins.
- Discuss findings of crop loss with farmers.
- Perform fact-finding and investigate crop damage, record information, and transmit information to accurately determine potential indemnities.
- Ability to understand and follow regulatory rules, regulations and procedures.
- Promote CRS core values and contribute to a positive work environment by demonstrating cultural expectations and influencing others to be accountable, flexible, seek continuous improvement, collaborate, be creative and have fun.
- Support business objectives by participating in quality control tasks, audits, risk assessments and field reviews.
- Understand and promote IT innovation and integration.
- Build and maintain relationships by providing timely and accurate service.
- A minimum of two years of college education and prefer a farming and/or agriculture background.
- Must become Crop Adjuster Proficiency Program (CAPP) certified within 1 year.
- Must be able to make decisions using sound judgment.
- Working knowledge of crop insurance regulations, policies, procedures and best practices.
- Works effectively under pressure and able to work within tight deadlines.
- Willingness to take initiative and work with minimal supervision.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Effective interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to gain trust, gain support and influence others.
- Must be able to independently travel within assigned territories and occasionally travel outside assigned territory to assist in other regions and to attend mandatory training.
- High attention to detail
- Work is generally performed in both an office environment and remote external environments. Must have the ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time; move up to 25 pounds; able to walk on uneven ground, climb, bend, stoop, crawl and/or kneel. May be exposed to environments that present hazardous weather and/or product dust.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
To learn more please visit: https://www.aig.com/about-us/diversity-equity-and-inclusion
AIG is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants and employees with physical or mental disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to complete any part of the application or hiring process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Functional Area:CL - Claims Estimated Travel Percentage (%): More than 50% Relocation Provided: No Crop Risk Services (CR1)