New job CHECKER in Kentucky
Company : Dollar General
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Kentucky
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in written form with distribution center staff, Reorder and Merchandising departments; ability to interpret written information.
- Basic math and reading skills; ability to use a calculator.
- Ability to analyze and research discrepancies
- Ability to use a computer, radio frequency unit, and Cubiscan equipment.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks.
- Competency to operate pallet jack.
EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- Distribution experience preferred.
- Quality check or audit experience preferred.
- Warehouse management system applications experience preferred.
- Continuous walking or standing; walking long distances.
- Bending, stooping, squatting, and kneeling on repetitious basis.
- Exposure to extreme heat and cold and changing climatic conditions.
- Exposure to dust, lighting, and noise.
- Occasional lifting of up to 75 pounds.
- Fast-paced environment.
- Work is conducted around heavy equipment (i.e., tow motors and pallet jacks).
Verifies incoming merchandise by item, SKU, quantity and pack for accuracy. Compares to bill of lading and prepares for storage in the distribution center. Assigns license plates to each pallet and enters information into the Warehouse Management System (WMS).
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Counts and records number of cartons unloaded from each trailer.
- Opens one case of each item to verify packing and product description.
- Creates license plate for pallets; completes delivery ticket.
- Scans UPC code of each item using radio frequency unit and enters information into the WMS via computer terminal.
- Completes food inspection forms for food items.
- Maintains 0.5% or less variance in receiving accuracy.
- May complete daily production log.
- Meets and maintains safety, quality and productivity standards.