New job Casino Host in Arkansas
Company : Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Arkansas
Thank you for your interest in becoming part of the Oaklawn Team. We have an extraordinary legacy. We are a family with strong core values, providing a new level of excitement for our guests and Team Members as we aspire to be Arkansas' Employer of Choice.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work as part of a team to grow the theoretical win and operating income managed by the Player Development/Marketing team.
- Work with customer contact departments to develop and implement strategies and programs to cultivate the market for new and existing high-limit casino guests.
- Monitor Player Development/Marketing programs and develop knowledge of customer betting habits, credit situation, and levels of participation in order to manage programs to ensure maximum profit margins, adequate play levels, and appropriate cost control.
- Host casino guests and accommodate their needs within program guidelines to ensure guest satisfaction and encourage return visits.
- Arrange reservations, transportation, and accommodations for guests.
- Assist guests with questions and special requests to ensure coordination of needs to provide for their maximum convenience and comfort.
- Organize special function (parties, tournaments, etc.) and participates in aggressive telemarketing efforts to invite customers to special events, individual visits, and/or obtain feedback on customer satisfaction.
- Identify and intercept VIP customers on the floor, off property and via referrals to grow the database.
- Maintain personal, direct mail and phone contact with casino customers to build loyalty, increase worth and frequency, as well as fill events.
- Assists with monthly VIP parties and special events hosted by Marketing.
- Promotes fun, friendly, positive guest relations through prompt, courteous and efficient service
- Maintains an attitude & philosophy consistent with the company Core Values and Standards of Behavior with internal & external guests
- Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
- Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the employee's department.
- Have knowledge of the company's programs to address problem gambling.
- Consults with the appropriate individuals and maintains and effective system of written policies, procedures, and internal controls to ensure compliance with Arkansas Gaming Regulations and Minimum Internal Control Standards.
- Makes appropriate decisions regarding complimentary by evaluating the gaming activity of individual players such as recorded play, earned points, comp availability, and guest profitability.
- Develops/manages memos, policies, procedures, training manuals, and operations manuals for VIP Services.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; or 5+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a host or other casino position in VIP services, marketing, players club, casino operations, banquet sales or reservations center
- Must always keep player and company information private
- Must demonstrate an understanding of all casino games and slot machines.
- Ability to make knowledgeable decisions regarding credit extensions.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel, Work, and Outlook).
- Must be flexible regarding schedule and be able to work varied shifts.
- Ability to travel to and from off-site assignments frequently
- Occasional travel out of state may be required
- Must have the ability to interact with guests, staff and colleagues and resolve problems and conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
This job may or may not have supervisory responsibilities.
- No supervisory duties
Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to read and communicate verbally in English. Written communication skills in in English may also be required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must be able to obtain and maintain an Arkansas Gaming License.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee must be able to stand and walk for the majority of the shift. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and peripheral vision.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and must have the ability to stand, climb, push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Employee could be exposed to an environment containing unrestricted second-hand tobacco smoke.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
It is Oaklawn's intent to provide a drug-free, healthy, safe and secure environment for our Team Members. All applicants must complete a pre-employment drug screen and background check.