New job Buyer in Utah
Company : Northwest Pipe Company
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Utah
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE
Responsible for procurement and the purchasing functions for all of the Geneva Pipe Plant Operations. Maintain professional relationships with a variety of vendors, in order to purchase products or services at the best possible prices. Maintain up to date vendor records and purchase order records, and follows all company policies and directives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Processes requisitions for MRO, RFQ and Raw Material items and administrates purchase orders.
· Follows Corporate Policy for New Vendor Setup and Vendor maintenance.
· Researches products and vendors to optimize value and performance.
· Communicates and coordinates material and component delivery with appropriate departments.
· Checks back orders, expedites delivery of orders, maintains current status of purchase orders.
· Follow up on in-house processing of purchase orders to include goods receipts’ and invoice verification. Works with AP to resolve GR/IR Issues.
· Maintains an up to date filing system on pricing and vendors to ensure access to accurate information. Creates Monthly Expense Reporting for review.
· Initiates and participates in problem identification and corrective action efforts in areas related to purchasing.
· Participates in Lean initiatives.
· Helps maintain and track inventory.
· Supplies pricing to Sales/Estimating for major materials prior to Bid.
· Contract Management, Negotiations and Review.
· Approval Authority on Non PO Invoices up to $1,000
· Familiar with Company procedures related to purchasing and executes daily business accordingly.
· Participates in appropriate training (SAP and track.net) and educational opportunities to stay abreast of changes.
· Assist Corporate Purchasing and follows Corporate Directives and Policies for the purchasing area.
· Supports Operations and Sales departments in administrative tasks as needed
· Completes special projects and reports as required.
This position may have supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· College and/or Purchasing experience of at least 2 years for a manufacturing organization.
· Experience using SAP in a manufacturing environment preferred
This position may interact within all levels of the organization. Additionally, this position may have contact with business partners, customers, vendors and visitors.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
To perform the duties and responsibilities of this position successfully, individuals must demonstrate:
· Basic math skills: Add, Subtract, Multiply, Divide and percentages
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
· Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of manager, clients, customers and the general public.
· Possess the ability to effectively work with varying personality styles and maintain a sense of humor.
· Highly detail oriented.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardizations exist .
· Agility and able to change directions easily and professionally.
· Intermediate skills working with computers and software packages such as, Outlook, Word, Excel, SAP.
· Communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing with clarity and professionalism.
· Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Project timelines and work volume / deadlines may often require working outside of standard office hours, weekend, or evening work.