New job Business Administrative Assistant in New Jersey
Business Administrative Assistant
Company : Chugach Government Solutions
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New Jersey
With over 25 years of experience, Chugach Government Solutions (CGS) is a seasoned government contractor, providing a wide span of services to our federal customers. Our subsidiaries specialize in a wide variety of services to include, facility maintenance, IT/technical services, construction and education. We set the standard for first-class business services in the global market, and we remain to make a difference for our shareholders.
CGS is the federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation (Chugach), one of the twelve (12) original Alaska Native Regional Corporations formed under the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act of 1971. Chugach is privately held by Alaska Natives, our shareholders, and its stock is not publicly traded.
As a preferred employer in our industry, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, professional growth opportunities, and more!
Provides administrative support to PM-TAS. Compiles and maintains records and other information (electronic or paper) to prepare reports and other correspondence. Must demonstrate initiative, ability to work with minimal supervision. Utilizes systems, programs, policies, work methods or other established guidelines to completed required job functions.
Essential Duties Job Functions
- Provides multiple administrative support functions to PM-TAS platforms (M777, M119, etc.) and various departments within PM-TAS.
- Prepares and submits required paperwork to support requisition of items to support various PM-TAS project requirements. Tracks placement of orders to ensure delivery and documentation requirements are fulfilled.
- Manages and executes administrative and tracking tasks related to accountability of Government Property
- Responsible for efficient and accurate tracking systems related to Government Property via spreadsheets, Access data base
- Completes routine or ad hoc reconciliations of government property to include managing durable property spreadsheet & database
- Responsible for efficient and accurate tracking of turn-ins and managing property book
- Back-up assistant to PM-TAS Executive Assistant in support of Program Manager and Deputy Program Manager.
- Receives visitors and receives/screens phone calls to refer to appropriate staff members. Maintains calendars to include scheduling appointments, arranging conferences and meetings without specific prior approval. Prepares correspondence of varying nature and ensures adherence to established formant and for compliance with overall policies.
- Represents PM-TAS professionally at installation and other meetings, as required. Effectively communicates (orally or in written form) updates
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all training requirements placed on the PM TAS staff.
- Serves as an advisor and consultant on administrative and management services to a PEO Ammunition Project Manager/Deputy Project Manager
- Serves as the principal assistant, consultant, and spokesperson for the PM/DPM in the areas of management services and administration.
- Responsible for personnel/TDA management and organization structure and development matters.
- Work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Timely completion of all work.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Adherence to contract requirements.
- Communication with supervisory chain.
- Adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Customer Service – Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the products and/or services that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services at all times.
- Oral Communication – Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to non-verbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving – Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
- Attention to Detail – Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail at all times.
- Ability to perform the full range of planning, coordination, monitoring, and control of multiple activities.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- US Citizen with the ability to hold/maintain a security clearance
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum two years’ experience is administrative and office functions.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to multi-task and frequently adjust priorities
- Ability to support multiple functional and product areas.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of work products
- Advanced experience with MS Office: Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
CGS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law. Hiring preference will be given to Chugach shareholders, their spouses and descendants, Alaska Natives and American Indians in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
PICATINNY ARSENAL, NJ