New job Biology Instructor in Minnesota
Company : Minnesota State Colleges & Universities
Salary : $47,035 a year
Location : Minnesota
Minimum qualifications must be met by the date of hire. The below salary range is for initial placement only. If currently teaching within MinnState, current salary will remain the same.
Teach foundational courses in Biological Sciences, both online and on-ground, to students preparing for transfer to four-year institutions or entrance into health care programs. Monitor and assess student learning outcomes. Effectively contribute to the highly collaborative work of the Biology Department and engage in service to the Lake Superior College community.
- Master’s degree with a major in biology or
- Master’s degree in any discipline/field with a minimum of 18 graduate semester credits (27 graduate quarter credits) in biology.
- Experience teaching general biology, human anatomy and physiology, microbiology, pathophysiology, and/or human body in health and disease at the college level.
- Experience teaching both on ground and online courses, including online lab courses.
- Experience with, and commitment to, working with diverse populations
- A record of participation in college community (e.g. committees, club adviser, etc.).
- Commitment to departmental participation, vision, and planning.
- Experience with assessment of student learning, both instructionally and institutionally.
To learn more about us, please visit our website at http://www.lsc.edu
State of Minnesota benefits package to include medical and dental. View complete benefit plan at http://www.mn.gov/mmb/segip
- Cover Letter addressing how you meet the responsibilities and qualifications
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.
All applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States at the time of employment. For TTY, call Minnesota Relay Service at 7-1-1- or 1-800-627-3529.