New job Benefits Specialist in Iowa
Company : American Equity
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Iowa
The (HR) Benefit Specialist is responsible for administering American Equity’s employee benefit programs, ensuring new and existing employees are up to date on benefit offerings and are able to enroll in health insurance options. This role also assists in the design of employee benefit plans, serves as the systems SME during open enrollment and is as a liaison with third party providers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as face of AEL benefits for new and existing employees, responds to employee inquiries and resolves issues in a timely and professional matter.
- Meets with all new hires and explain benefit package offered by the company.
- Uses SME knowledge to explain benefit’s policies, procedures, laws and standards to new and existing employees and leaders.
- Assists with making recommendations regarding plan designs with benefit vendors.
- Responsible for partnering with Internal Communications to inform employees about current benefit offerings and any changes to the benefit structure.
- Administers with annual employee annuity enrollment program.
- Prepares and submits invoices for various benefit vendors.
- Administers annual open enrollment sessions and follows up with employees on their elections.
- Acts as a liaison between American Equity and third-party benefit providers and works with providers to resolve employee related issues.
- Administers annual reimbursement programs and answers questions related to program.
- Assists in filing 1095-C and EEOCs with government agencies and keeps up to date with regulations.
- Supports defined HR processes and policies: Onboarding, I-9 processing, new-hire welcome (Get Connected); tuition reimbursement; benefits administration and maintaining electronic HR files.
- Prepares reports and presentations, often of a complex or confidential nature, upon request.
- Participates in and contributes to special projects as directed by the manager.
- Assists in varication of employment requests and maintains benefits related records.
- Identifies and recommends ways in which to enhance and increase administrative efficiencies within the Human Resources department.
- Provides backup support to Payroll & Benefit Specialist
- Performs other related work as assigned.
Direct Reports: 0
General Description of Indirect Reports (2 and 3-downs): 0
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Associate degree; plus a minimum of four (4) years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with employee benefit programs required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, PROFESSIONAL DESIGNATIONS:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong understanding of different benefit products.
- Exceptional verbal communication skills, including ability to manage a centralized corporate phone center, promptly answering multiple lines and directing callers.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Strong, value-driven customer service orientation, including ability to quickly identify customer needs and refer callers to the proper resource.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to build collaborative positive relationships with employees, customers and outside third parties.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to successfully handle pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to prepare various reports and correspondence as requested.
- Understands and applies continuous improvement methodologies to increase administrative efficiencies.
- Detail oriented.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
Minimal to no travel is required in this job.