New job Audio Visual Seasonal Team Member in Ohio
Audio Visual Seasonal Team Member
Company : Columbus Zoo and Aquarium
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ohio
Join us in our IT/AV department, where you will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in various areas of the AV industry. Assist in implementing new audio visual systems, controlling lights and sound for various animal shows, and managing AV systems for private events are just a few things you can expect to do on a daily basis. Being a team member in our IT/AV department you will always have an interesting and unique endeavor each day. Working alongside various departments, you will also gain experience and understanding of everything that goes into making a zoo function. Expand your technical knowledge and work in a fun environment by joining our Audio Visual team!
- Ensures quality performance of audio/visual components in various on-site facilities.
- Work with group sales and other internal teams, as well as directly with customers, to ensure smooth and timely setup and operation of audio/visual equipment for events and other related activities.
- Quickly asses specific client needs, identify and implement the required audio/video equipment.
- Configure and operate audio/visual components such as digital sound boards, microphones, etc.
- Work weekend shifts plus additional weekday hours in addition to working flexible evening hours
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Posted schedule may be subject to change based on operational needs such as weather condition, guest attendance and department needs.
- Ability to positively relate to guests, donors, vendors and other contacts to answer questions and provide information.
- 6 months or more experience in audio/visual equipment operation preferred.
- Good working knowledge of current technologies in the audio/visual industry as it relates to design, procurement, installation and maintenance of a wide variety of voice/recorded content transmission delivery systems.
- The ability to integrate the necessary components of portable systems, to provide maximum effectiveness for client groups ranging from 20-2,000 participants.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with sometimes stressful situations.
- Able to provide excellent guest service by positively interacting with guests and upholding the Make it G.R.E.A.T. standards required.
- Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays required.
- Ability to plan and organize work in an efficient and cost-effective manner and without direct supervision required.
- Ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with all Zoo team members and contacts regarding company business required.
- Ability to adhere to standard operating procedures including but not limited to safety protocols required.
- This position is not eligible for overtime pay.
- Possession of a valid Ohio motor vehicle operator’s license and a good driving required.
- Subject to Drug Free Workplace Policy, BMV check and Criminal Background check.