New job Assistant Director in Rhode Island
Company : Brown University
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Rhode Island
The Assistant Director of Population Studies and Training Center (PSTC) is the key high- level management position within the Population Studies and Training Center and is responsible for designing, facilitating and executing an efficient, streamlined, data driven operation to support the work of the Center.
As the cornerstone within the Center, this role is responsible for daily oversight of all administrative, operational, and financial activities within the Center. In addition, this position oversees sponsored research administration in the Center’s fluid and rapidly changing research and graduate and postdoctoral level training environment.
This role is responsible orienting and onboarding new faculty associates to the Center. This position has direct administrative management of a staff of five professionals who carry out day to day finance, administration, grants administration, and Human Resources related work. This position works closely with the Director of the Center to forecast, implement and direct the Center’s long range and day to day administrative, financial, sponsored research, and pre/post award grant management.
The candidate must be a positive and creative leader and team player who works at the highest level to anticipate, plan, organize, and execute all responsibilities and address emerging needs related to the Center’s operations, finances, and research administration.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, or business management with at least 7 years of experience overseeing grants, complex budgets staff management or an equivalent combination of education and significant experience at the professional level.
- Exceptional organizational, project, and business management skills.
- Solid staff management experience required.
- Ability to prioritize workload, remain flexible, take initiative, and follow through.
- Experience with financial modeling and preparing management reports.
- Ability to work effectively in a deadline-driven environment.
- Experience with managing all stages of sponsored research projects, including the management of large and complex projects, and support from private and federal funding agencies.
- Supervisory experience with a record of mentoring and professional development.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including an ability to elicit and communicate information, analyze and negotiate complex issues, and prepare and present clear and informative information to groups.
- Experience establishing or overseeing workflow management preferred.
- Possess a willingness and ability to support and promote a diverse and inclusive campus community.
- Highly proficient computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, graphing and charting, databases, Google and project management tools.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and effectively and efficiently use new software independently.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background check and education verification.
Recruiting Start Date:2021-03-18-07:00
Job Posting Title:Assistant Director
Department:Population Studies and Training Center
Worker Sub-Type :Regular
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com .
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.