New job Arts & Sciences Program Administrator in New Hampshire
Arts & Sciences Program Administrator
Company : Dartmouth College
Salary : $49,500 - $52,000 a year
Location : New Hampshire
To manage, oversee and coordinate all administrative functions of the department, including prioritization of multiple activities. To support the Chair and department faculty, ensuring efficient, accurate and timely operations and sound fiscal management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills, including the ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Knowledge of financial and budget principles and procedures.
- Ability to acquire new technical skills and implement new procedures.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and security.
- Strong commitment to a diverse working environment and to serving the needs of a large and diverse community.
- 2+ years of administrative, financial or academic experience in a highly autonomous setting.
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
- Manages the day to day administrative functions and activities of the department including establishing internal deadlines and priorities to meet external ones. Examples include course related deadlines for Registrar, Dean of Faculty, Divisional Council, college committees and COI; financial deadlines with payroll, accounts payable, P-Card transactions/reconciliations; event planning.
- Interprets and applies college-wide policies, ensuring department adherence.
- With chair, may formulate department policies. * Implements departmental procedures, communicating such to faculty, staff, students and visitors.
- Serves as liaison between the chairs and department faculty, college administrative offices such as the Registrar, Dean of Faculty office, college committees, other departments and programs, students and staff.
- Manages the various departmental databases and trains staff in their use.
- Compiles and analyzes departmental statistical data.
- Authorizes large purchases.
- Ensures that all essential departmental administrative services are provided during periods of both heavy activity and the Chair’s absence.
- Provides notification/listings to events calendar, First-Year Book, Event Flyers, College calendar and Commencement Program.
- Completes Federal Compliance Government Space Survey every three years to assist OSP with F&A proposal.
- Manages the department facilities requirements, coordinating with FO&M for upkeep, repair and renovations as necessary.
- Coordinates room scheduling for the department and assignment of faculty offices.
- Purchases supplies and equipment.
- In conjunction with the chair, develops the department budget within parameters set by DOF Fiscal Office including operating accounts and endowments.
- Develops and prepares budget reports and financial projections for the department. Monitors and reconciles all accounts and advises Chair and faculty, as necessary, on financial issues.
- Oversees purchase orders, journal transfers, requests for reimbursements and forms for disposition of prizes, awards and research stipends.
- Acts as the Fixed Assets controller.
- Understands and applies knowledge of purchasing matrix, OASIS, Oracle and Banner systems.
- Accountable to DOF Fiscal Office in matters related to current year budget and spending, P-card transactions/reconciliation, and adherence to college policy.
- Coordinates and organizes faculty searches, including advising search chairs and faculty on recruitment policies. Places advertisements in national journals and websites and responds to all applicant inquiries.
- Arranges candidates’ visits to include seminars, meetings with faculty and students and travel arrangements.
- Assists the Chairs in faculty appointment process and assures compliance with guidelines. Monitors for timeliness visiting and research faculty appointments, re-appointments and promotions.
- Processes confidential information including material on promotion/tenure review, hiring and personnel matters and course evaluations. Maintains personnel files for each faculty member.
- Advises and supports faculty/Chair on start-up, Burke and faculty reserve budget accounts, including use of chart strings.
- Actively involved with the Chair in preparation of course and teaching schedules.
- Responds to inquiries from alumni, benefactors, prospective students, undergraduates and graduates and provides information regarding the department, its mission, policies and course offerings.
- Monitors the academic progress of all majors and minors, communicating regularly with students about their programs and reminding them of academic and departmental requirements and deadlines. Advises students regarding requirements for transfer requests, seminar permissions and waitlist procedures.
- Supervises the assembly and preparation of materials for department publications (brochures and advertising flyers) as well as the departmental pieces of the Prospectus, ORC and other campus publications.
- Prepares and submits to the Registrar timetables, elective circular information, classroom scheduling and final exam room requests.
- In conjunction with the web designer and with faculty input, maintains and updates the department web page. * In conjunction with the A&S Development Office and the Chair, coordinates stewardship efforts including correspondence with government donors. Updates information on prizes and awards; provides information to the Development Office.
- Supports the department/program mission and values. Acts appropriately in dealing with others and supports the institution’s commitment to diversity.
- Coordination/implementation of the following types of events: department meetings, lectures, workshops, conferences, faculty, guest speakers, student presentations, open houses, social gatherings and seminars.
- Responsible for the advertising/public relations, invitations, room, equipment, food and expense management for department/program events.
- Adhering to institutional policies and procedures, maintains a comprehensive array of manual and electronic records such as inventories, budgets, majors/minors records, student information and personnel files.
- As appropriate, determines retention and disposition for specific information not otherwise covered by institutional policies.
- Hires, trains and supervises student employees. Assigns daily work and provides feedback on performance.