New job Area Manager in Oregon
Company : Schwan’s Home Delivery
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Oregon
This position is responsible to lead, motivate and engage the route service team to safely deliver world class customer service and sales growth (profitability). This leader ensures efficient route operations that best leverage all assets and resources available and will lead the execution of performance and operational goals focused in the areas of safety, people, service, quality, cost and growth.
Position Type: Base Salary and Bonus
Total compensation (base salary + bonus opportunity) $70-90K
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads execution of delivery and service standards to ensure a high quality customer experience through efficient route operations.
- Executes and enforces safety standards within the Depot.
- Drives accountability of safe behaviors by coaching team members. Identifies and removes risks and participates in accident investigations
- Leads people management and development demonstrating a disciplined approach to recruiting, training, coaching, performance management and retention
- Focuses on effective talent selection, hiring and successful on-boarding of new team members. Ensures successful customer service delivery as well as recovery; Serves as local point of contact for customer service communication & follow- up, coordination with the call center and overall issue resolution
- Manages route productivity and asset/resource utilization Leads sales performance within an area of approximately $3-$6 million per year and may oversee more than one location
- Maintains productive route structure by ensuring effective work hours and expectations are met as well as route sequence integrity
- Effectively cascades key messages on areas of focus and strategic priority for the business and helps the team through changes
- Oversees the warehouse team to ensure execution of efficient warehouse operations (management of fleet assets for the location, compliance with Pre & Post Trip, inspections, utilization, PM schedule, repair/maintenance, breakdown pick-up, etc)
- Conducts essential administrative duties such as payroll, banking, equipment support, resource scheduling, and daily reporting
- Reviews financial reporting/KPI#s to make informed decisions on cost controls, route productivity, product inventory controls, maintenance of assets, depot supplies, profitability, etc.
- Implements and maintains compliance with all government and corporate programs and policies
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission, values, code of ethics, policies, and other standards of conduct.
Member of the military? We thank you for your service! As a strong supporter of our men and women in uniform, we will consider recent military experience as a great prerequisite to a career at Schwan’s!
Schwan’s Home Service is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years related experience (Sales, Customer Service).
- 5 yrs direct leadership experience.
- Proven leadership and team development (lead self, lead others, lead forward).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to inspire, coach and develop others through a shared vision and purpose.
- Ability to select high quality/caliber talent.
- Ability to engage and lead team meetings.
- Proven track record driving & executing best in class service.
- Drive a culture of execution.
- Understand Financial reporting/statements.
- Basic PC skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
- Proven sales and distribution management expertise in related industry (preferred).
- Must meet the Federal DOT eligibility requirements, including appropriate driver's license and medical certification.