New job Area Director I in North Carolina
Area Director I
Company : Young Life
Salary : Details not provided
Location : North Carolina
Wilson Young Life is seeking a full-time area director to lead and grow the Young Life ministry in Wilson, N.C. Our community of believers is looking for a strong leader who is able to invest his or her time in growing a team of volunteers, committee members and donors while sharing the gospel and spreading God’s love to local area high school and college students.
Wilson Young Life is somewhat new to the area, beginning almost five years ago. The area has an active and dedicated committee and an enthusiastic leadership team made up of young adults and college students. We serve in three area high schools — two public and one private — and this year we have seen the largest amount of growth in Young Life College at Barton.
Wilson, N.C., is a vibrant community with approximately 50,000 people, located 45 miles east of Raleigh. It has all the amenities of a large city, but with the benefits of small town living. Wilson is home to Barton College — a small, private college with an established Young Life presence. Our incredible team of committee members and volunteer leaders are eager to welcome our new area director and are committed to making sure our director has a smooth transition into our community.
- Demonstrate spiritual leadership on a personal and ministerial level.
- Model excellent contact work, discipleship and club ministry.
- Develop and execute area vision and strategic planning alongside the committee and regional director.
- Supervise, support, encourage and develop college and adult volunteer leaders.
- Develop and grow relationships in the community with area churches, donors and parents in order to cast vision for our mission and support our ministry.
- Work in partnership with the committee to execute and grow existing fundraising events such as our Annual Banquet and Clay Shoot, along with other area fundraisers.
- Participate and provide leadership for area volunteers, events, training and fall/summer camping assignments.
- Raise personal financial support.
- A deep and growing faith in Jesus.
- Proven pastoral, leadership, vision and team building skills.
- Ability to build strong, deep and lasting relationships with kids and adults.
- A call to reach kids with the Gospel.
- Fundraising knowledge and success, including personal fundraising ability.
- Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communication skills with donors and parents.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Full-time Young Life benefits including: medical, dental and vision, life insurance and 401(K). Expense reimbursement for ministry-related expenses.
How To Apply:
If you are interested in this position, please send a current resume (including all ministry experience) and a brief description of why you are interested in this position to David Bokowy at email@example.com.