New job Applications Engineer - Hot Runners in Vermont
Applications Engineer - Hot Runners
Company : Husky Injection Molding
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Vermont
Husky is a company with a strong foundation built on innovation, close customer relationships, a strong sense of community and a unique culture and values. We are looking for people with the inspiration and talent to develop with us as we pursue our ambitious growth strategy.
Husky offers a wealth of opportunity for personal growth and development. Most importantly, Husky offers an opportunity to work with – and be challenged by – a team of great people. Our success is possible because of the creativity, intelligence and passion of our people around the world and their desire to lead change. At the same time, we are not afraid to expect a lot and strive for leadership in all of our key markets. We are a company taking on new challenges and for the right people this means exceptional career development opportunities, the chance to be part of a team that is the best in the world at what we do and the experience that comes from working in an environment that demands constant transformation and innovation.
Husky’s United States manufacturing facility is located in Milton, Vermont on a large, beautiful campus located just 30 minutes north of downtown Burlington, Vermont. Features include an onsite cafeteria, open office concept, fitness center, intramural sports activities and clean, state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities with outstanding safety records. We offer a great work environment, competitive total compensation and attractive benefits package.
Additional things you might like to know about working at Husky Injecton Molding Systems in Milton, Vermont;
- 200,000 square foot bright, clean machine shop
- Shift work premiums (15% afternoon shift and 25% evening shift)
- Annual incentive bonus
- Outstanding 401k contribution and match program
- 700 acres of private land to walk, bike, run or cross country ski
- On site gym facility
- On site cafeteria
- Opportunity to work for a world class company with great people
Husky is an exciting company with tremendous potential. We have a great team and great expectations. If you are attracted to bold goals, believe in uncompromising honesty, support mutual respect, care about environmental responsibility, have a passion for excellence and a desire to make a positive contribution – then we want you to join the Husky team!
As a member of our Hot Runner Sales Support Team, you will be working in close collaboration with Molding and Mold Making Customers, Project Engineers and Sales in order to define the best technical solution for our Customer’s application to maximize their return on investment. The Application Engineer is responsible for the detailed technical review of higher risk applications for Hot Runner projects during pre-sale opportunity development and post-sale product specification development.
- Responsible for technical reviews of Hot Runner applications including approval
- Support Sales Team with the understanding of technical requirements vs. product capabilities
- Coordinate product customizations in order to achieve application specific requirements
- Define technical solutions that achieve the application specific requirements, minimize risk and maximize the customers return on investment
- Coordinate simulations, resin tests and design reviews (as needed)
- Estimate cost and determine sell price of complex solutions
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of application guidelines, process and the Sales Support Team
- Support sales by providing technical presentations or participating in technical discussions with Customers
- Participate in prototype tests, troubleshooting or startup at customer
- Provide application expertise for service issue resolution and new product development
- University degree in mechanical and/or plastic or polymer engineering or combination of mechanical and plastics processing experience
- 2+ years’ of experience in similar industry
- Proven ability to analyze and to solve complex technical problems
- Good organizational, communication and presentation skills
- Some experience in hot runner systems will be an advantage
- Ideal candidate has in-depth knowledge in the injection molding fields such as processing, mold making, materials and part design
Husky Injection Molding Systems offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and excellent opportunities for growth and advancement. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and respect, value and welcome diversity in our workplace. Husky also values being a great place to work and strives to maintain a safe workplace. Accordingly, Husky conditions all offers of employment on satisfactory completion of background checks.
No agency or telephone inquiries please.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation in applying, please contact our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).