New job Analyst I/Supply Chain in Iowa
Analyst I/Supply Chain
Company : Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Iowa
Responsible to ensures adherence to regulations for North American and International shipments and meeting international trade requirements as dictated by local, state, and federal government agencies. Serves as a customer liaison by providing support and assistance with regard to franchise retread products, programs, services, and information. A primary function is to utilize knowledge of product sourcing and other supply functions to ensure adequate and timely fulfillment of customer product requirements to effectively support Supply Chain Operations.
Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world's largest tire and rubber company. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries. The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world's largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.Guided by its global corporate social responsibility (CSR), commitment 'Our Way to Serve,' Bridgestone embraces its responsibility as a global leader by striving to improve the way people move, live, work and play.
- Responsible for administering the export fulfillment process for Retread North American and international dealers and foreign business units. Responsibilities will include fulfillment from North America and international manufacturers and suppliers.
- Accountable for ensuring adherence to regulations for export shipments and meeting international trade requirements as dictated by local, state, and federal government agencies. Prepare and verify export documentation for compliance with all U.S. and international government regulations including requirements related to Letters of Credit, government inspection, Harmonized Tariff Codes, packaging requirements, and Country of Origin Responsible for supporting International sales by approve credits and allowances to international customer’ accounts in accordance to corporate guidelines.
- Responsible for continuous improvement of export fulfillment processes, aligning with International rules and regulations.
- Determine appropriate product allocation and sourcing for exports based on inventory policies and fulfillment requirements.
- Know the key system matter experts to reference for import and export shipments information.
- Responsible for the implementation of policies related to Global logistics and Export Order fulfillment that directly impact the franchise dealer network.
- Arrange booking with freight forwarders consistent with the ocean bid agreements freight rate matrix and arrange the shipments.
- Coordinate air shipments as needed including: arranging special shipment instructions and coordination with global distribution centers.
- Responsible for supporting International sales by approve credits and allowances to international customer’ accounts in accordance to corporate guidelines.
- Maintains knowledge of domestic regulations as it relates to Hazardous shipments and ensures adherence to Federal regulations for domestic transportation. Understand process management and the interaction of business systems throughout the extended global enterprise.
- Responsible for support on customer requests and management of, but not limited to Proof of Deliveries (POD), ETA’s, cargo claims.
- The nature of this position involves significant impact to legal requirements of the corporation and requires strong organizational skills and ability to deal successfully with multiple tasks.
- The individual will interact with international direct customers, logistic providers, international compliance agencies, warehouse/factory personnel and international subsidiaries personnel. Effective written and verbal communications and attention to detail are critical to avoid considerable loss exposure to the enterprise.
- Other duties as assigned
- Approval authority for individual invoices up to $1K. Impact for accounts up to $100K and $2M in product value of shipments.
- Responsible for purchases /contracts / initiatives larger in nature, which have increased complexity, broader in scope and have more impact on the organization.
- Must have ability to disseminate information, weigh risks and make independent decisions.
- The incumbent has the freedom to act/make decisions within the parameters established by the Manager of Supply Chain Import/Export Logistics and the Manager of Supply Chain Operations.
Typically requires a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years of related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent work experience
Regular : Full time
Source : Indded