New job Admissions Assistant in New York
Company : BROTHERS OF MERCY NURSING HOME COMPANY INC
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New York
Admissions Assistant FT/Days
Brothers of Mercy is WNY’s largest 5-star Skilled Nursing Facility and one of the top-performing nursing homes in the entire state. Our picturesque Wellness Campus located east of Buffalo consistently ranks on WNY’s “Best Places to Work” list.
The Admissions Assistant is directly responsible for the daily intake of admissions to our skilled nursing and rehab center. This position will work the front office of admissions, fielding calls, completing admission paperwork, online eligibility tools for verifying insurances, billing functions.
We are always looking for positive, dependable, caring individuals to join our team to meet the growing demand in our community for quality care. Admissions Assistant duties include:
- Obtains resident’s demographic information, verifies insurance eligibility, benefit days and resident liability, utilizing online eligibility tools (ePaces, My Ability, HEALTHeNET, Omni Pro, etc.). Documents demographic and insurance information into Facility Software Program.
- Document resident coinsurance liability and issue resident financial liability notification letter to resident and/or representative prior to admission. (Insurance Letter) Ensure complete and accurate information is obtained and documented on financial application.
- Reviews the Admission Agreement and additional admission forms that may include; authorization to represent at Medicaid and obtain information, direct deposit of social security checks, with the resident and/or resident representative and obtains necessary signatures.
- Ensures all treatment authorization are obtained and documented in Facility Software Program.
- Collection of resident liability amounts including; private pay room and board, coinsurance, copayments, deductibles and convenience items for all levels of care at the time of admission and discharge.
- Performs additional customer service activities including; answering telephones, taking messages, and provides prospective residents and/or representatives a guided tour of the facility.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with Brothers of Mercy personnel, residents and or designated representatives, payers and vendors.
Brothers of Mercy is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Brothers of Mercy prohibits discrimination against applicants and employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, predisposing genetic characteristics, domestic violence victim status, or any other legally protected status.
- Background in healthcare specific to the nursing home environment preferred
- Prior long term care or acute care experience in either admission or billing services preferred
- Customer service experience, strong computer skills, ability to multi task and prioritize
- Good telephone communication skills