New job Administrative Assistant in Alabama
Company : AIDT
Salary : $23.75 an hour
Location : Alabama
AIDT at the Alabama Workforce Training Center (AWTC) Located in Birmingham, AL is seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant.
ANNOUNCEMENT DATE: April 2, 2021
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 16, 2021
PROJECTED START DATE: June 1, 2021
All resumes (mailed or electronic) must be received no later than 1:00 p.m. on April 16, 2021 to be considered.
Provide high-level administrative assistance to center staff including but not limited to typing, faxing, editing, processing, proofreading, copying, categorizing, and filing of letters, memos, forms, reports, notes, and other internal and external documentation and communications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate work activities within the AWTC
- Attend meetings, take notes and publish minutes
- Schedule meetings, center activities, interviews, classes, workshops, seminars, conferences, and appointments
- Process correspondence to internal and external customers
- Process all instructor documentation
- Distribute written and other communications to appropriate staff
- Monitor facility activity by cameras & surrounding awareness
- Monitor front door
- Assist & direct guests accordingly
- Check & prep all rooms for next day readiness
- Create & maintain filing systems
- File training documents
- Contact trainees via phone/ mail to deliver training completion certifications
- Answer AWTC phone and direct individuals and messages accordingly
- File purchase orders
- Update display TV for next day events
- Fill facility use requests & update training schedule
- Assist ACT, Ready-to-Work, Alabama Technology Network, APC, Youth Build and other visiting organizations with various tasks
- Keep track of office supply inventory & alert facility administrator when supplies run low
- Provide guests with technical/ AV/ clerical assistance as needed
- Create certificates for trainees
- Assist with planning of facility events
- Provide instructors with general clerical assistance as needed during classes
- Make copies for facility personnel and visitors
- Coordinate facility use requests
- Arrange facility maintenance services as needed
- Assist w/ planning of facility events
- Register program applicants
- Submit & complete requisitions/purchase orders (back-up)
- Assist with the Housing Board Authority of the Birmingham District Campus of Hope Project
- Comply with all policies and procedures regarding punctuality, attendance, and workplace ethics
- Communicate professionally with staff, company representatives, government officials, and the general public
- Plan daily/weekly work schedule without direct supervision
- Coordinate and account for AIDT resources within assigned area(s) of responsibility
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of generally accepted office practices and processes
- Skilled in reading, writing, spelling, punctuating, and editing of work
- Ability to understand and follow directions received from a diverse technical and management staff
- Ability to learn AIDT processes and job specific systems
- Ability to function in an automated work environment using computer systems, copiers, electronic mail, and telephone systems
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to interact professionally with company representatives, public officials, trainees, coworkers, and the general public
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple administrative functions concurrently
- Ability to follow established laws, policies, and procedures, as detailed in the AIDT policy manual
- Ability to work in a constant state of awareness
- Ability to function in a team-based environment
- Ability to comply with AIDT policy regarding attendance (Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.)
- Ability to travel when necessary
Required Minimum Qualifications:
AIDT Policy Manual minimum qualifications of Salary Schedule E4 are: Minimum high school diploma or GED certificate and one year additional college training in appropriate area of specialization; or two years work experience in appropriate area of specialization.
Salary and General:
Initial placement will be based on experience and education applicable to the E4 salary schedule, within a range of $35,871 – $50,693. Paid monthly. Excellent benefits package included.
Criminal Background Check:
In accordance with AIDT policy and guidelines, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a Criminal Background Check consent form and to submit a nonrefundable $23.75 payment for the cost of the criminal background check. (Note: $23.75 fee is based on possession of an Alabama Driver License. The fee for the background check may be more or less if the driver’s license is not an Alabama license.) Permanent employment will be contingent upon the results of the criminal background check.
Resumes received by mail or email after 1:00 p.m. on April 16, 2021, will not be considered for review.
Interviews are by appointment only. If selected for an interview, applicants must travel at their own expense to the interview site. Male applicants between the ages of 18-26 must provide proof of Selective Service Registration when requested. Employment references may be requested during the application process.
Resumes will be accepted by email at: AWTCadminasst@aidt.edu.
Resumes will also be accepted by mail to the name/address below:
ATTN: REGINALD TAYLOR
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS/HR
One Technology Court
Montgomery, AL 36116
AIDT is an equal opportunity employer. It is the official policy of AIDT that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, disability, gender, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. AIDT will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants or employees with a disability. AIDT reserves the rights to withdraw, modify, or extend this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding of the position.
AIDT participates E-Verify, a Federal law that requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.