New job ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT in Kentucky
Company : Dollar General
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Kentucky
Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day!® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 16,979 stores in 46 states as of October 30, 2020. In addition to high-quality private brands, Dollar General sells products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as Clorox, Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars, Unilever, Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg's, General Mills, and PepsiCo. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Basic math and reading skills.
- Strong communication and organizational skills, including the ability to coordinate several tasks at once.
- Intermediate computer skills; ability to use software packages such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and payroll/personnel systems such as Kronos and Lawson.
EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- Two years experience as an administrative assistant preferred.
- Experience in automated retail distribution center and/or familiarity with distribution systems preferred.
- Time-sensitive, fast-paced, and stressful environment.
- Exposed to various temperatures.
- Sitting for long periods of time in an office setting.
- Bending, stooping, squatting, and carrying weights of up to 40 pounds.
Performs clerical, administrative and payroll functions for the distribution center.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews monthly budget reports and identifies budget vs. actual variance.
- Participates in annual budgeting process through analysis and data entry.
- Approves distribution center invoices and maintains records.
- Prepares weekly and monthly reports for the distribution center.
- Prepares all correspondence for Distribution Center Manager; stamps and sorts outgoing mail.
- Performs weekly payroll function for all distribution center employees including entering hourly payroll, preparing and maintaining time and attendance system for payroll processing, and sorting and distributing paychecks; acts as liaison between distribution center employees and corporate payroll office.
- Maintains confidential facility and personnel information.
- May maintain badge-making system.
- Maintains petty cash account.
- Manages supply inventory and ordering process for administrative supplies.
- Meets and maintains safety, quality and productivity standards.