New job Administrative Assistant 1 (Local Government) Pike County AAA in Pennsylvania
Administrative Assistant 1 (Local Government) Pike County AAA
Company : Commonwealth of PA
Salary : $25,000 a year
Location : Pennsylvania
Rewarding completion of programs that help the Pike County Aging population. This position will have designated responsibilities requiring a high degree of independence performing assignments.
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST APPLY TO THIS VACANCY POSTING, MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS AND RECEIVE A SCORE. YOUR SCORE IS ONLY VALID FOR THIS SPECIFIC VACANCY. ONCE THIS POSITION IS FILLED, YOUR SCORE IS NO LONGER VALID.
- Full-time employment
- Work hours 8:00 am - 3:30 pm Monday - Friday with a 30 minute lunch period
- Starting salary basted on experience
- Hiring preference for this vacancy will be given to candidates who live within Pike County. If no eligible candidates who live within Pike County apply for this position, candidates who reside in other counties may be considered.
Ability to interact with the public in a professional, friendly and helpful manner. Maintains confidentiality of clients at all times. Ability to complete detailed paperwork accurately and neatly. Good organizational skills are required. Ability to speak and write effectively to the public, staff, clients and volunteers. Handles a variety of special assignments and projects for the Supervisors and Director. Performs all work independently in all aspects of the jobs, with reports to Aging Care Manger Supervisors and Director when needed. Plans, organizes and directs the activities of several projects, including financial, scheduling, fundraisers, purchasing, meeting, events, etc. Responsible for a wide variety of administrative duties.
- Must meet PA residency requirement – For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements: Such training as may have been gained through graduation from a four year college or university; OR an equivalent combination of experience and training.
- If you are claiming education in your answers to the supplemental application questions, you must attach a copy of your college transcripts for your claim to be accepted toward meeting the minimum requirements. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Do not submit resumes, cover letters, and similar documents. These documents will not be reviewed and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position or to determine your score. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
- Must be able to perform essential job functions
- A conditional offer of employment will require submission of criminal history reports. See hiring agency contact information
- A conditional offer of employment will require a drug screening
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans’ Preference tab or contact us at email@example.com.
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Completing the application, including all supplemental questions, serves as your exam for this position. No additional exam is required at a test center (also referred to as a written exam).
- Your score is based on the detailed information you provide on your application and in response to the supplemental questions.
- Your score is valid for this specific posting only.
You must provide complete and accurate information or:
- your score may be lower than deserved.
- you may be disqualified.
- You may only apply/test once for this posting.
- Your results will be provided via email.
Benefit packages are determined by the county and may vary. Please contact the applicable county human resource office directly to inquire about a specific benefit package.