New job Administration and Management Trainee in Pennsylvania
Administration and Management Trainee
Company : Commonwealth of PA
Salary : $39,120 - $58,954 a year
Location : Pennsylvania
The Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board is currently seeking candidates who are great at multi-tasking, have outstanding organizational skills, and are interested in a career in Human Resources. Join the Commonwealth and experience a rewarding career with numerous promotional opportunities in the field of Human Resources.
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST APPLY TO THIS VACANCY POSTING, MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS, AND RECEIVE A SCORE. YOUR SCORE IS ONLY VALID FOR THIS SPECIFIC VACANCY. ONCE THIS POSITION IS FILLED, YOUR SCORE IS NO LONGER VALID.
- Full-time employment (Work hours Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.)
The incumbent will work under close supervision and participate in a twelve-month training program in the FMLA Unit. This position in the FMLA unit serves as the agency coordinator for leave programs such as additional sick family leave, leave donation program, military leave program and non-work modified duty program.
The incumbent will be responsible for timely approval/disapproval of all FMLA/LWOP requests for an assigned area and assisting Labor Relations staff with unemployment hearings by providing medical documentation as needed.
As a Time Advisor, you will be responsible for all LWOP activity related to FMLA or military absences for an assigned area, review leave donation requests, and advise managers/supervisors and employees of the necessary documentation required to determine leave used during the threshold for entitlement period.
The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring medical documentation is received for absences of three days or greater and and analyzing and interpreting all medical documentation received including Serious Health Condition Certification form, Medical Status Reports, Physician's Modified Duty Availability Certificates and other medical documentation.
- Must meet PA residency requirement – For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements - A bachelor's degree, including 15 credit hours in public administration, business administration, or a related area.
- If you are claiming education in your answers to the supplemental application questions, you must attach a copy of your college transcripts for your claim to be accepted toward meeting the minimum requirements. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Do not submit resumes, cover letters, and similar documents. These documents will not be reviewed and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position or to determine your score. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
- This posting requires submission of a copy of your college transcript(s). Unofficial transcripts are acceptable. You may upload your document as an attachment during the application process. You must still complete the application and answer the supplemental questions. All documents MUST be uploaded prior to the submission of your application.
- Must be able to perform essential job functions.
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans’ Preference tab or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Completing the application, including all supplemental questions, serves as your exam for this position. No additional exam is required at a test center (also referred to as a written exam).
- Your score is based on the detailed information you provide on your application and in response to the supplemental questions.
- Your score is valid for this specific posting only.
You must provide complete and accurate information or:
- your score may be lower than deserved.
- you may be disqualified.
- You may only apply/test once for this posting.
- Your results will be provided via email.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including health coverage, vision, dental, and wellness programs.*
We understand that there is more to life than work – and we want you to enjoy it!
For most positions, we offer paid vacation days, paid sick days, military leave, as well as paid time off for most major U.S. holidays. Alternate work schedules are available for certain positions.
We want to help you grow and see your goals become a reality! Supervisors and human resource staff are available to help employees create a plan to develop skills for their current jobs or prepare for the next step in their careers. Employees can easily transfer between positions or agencies to expand knowledge and pursue new challenges while retaining leave and benefits. Additionally, there are a variety of programs available to help get you where you need to be.
Commonwealth employees enjoy many other rewards, including opportunities for recognition, workplace charitable giving, and even special employee-only discounts.
For more information about benefits, health and wellness, work-life balance, career development, and other rewards go to www.employment.pa.gov and click on the benefits box.
- Eligibility rules apply.