New job Acct Recovery Specialist in Cheyenne, WY 82003
Acct Recovery Specialist
Company : WYHY Federal Credit
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Cheyenne, WY 82003
At WyHy we truly value the contribution of our team members. We aren’t just looking for job experience, skills and qualifications; we also need your enthusiasm, energy and desire to succeed. In return, we will offer you a dynamic work environment that is open and supportive – where you can grow professionally and make a real difference in your community.
On top of all that, we offer our employees:
- Competitive pay and incentive program
- Generous PTO
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Gym membership allowance
- Pet insurance allowance
- Holiday pay
- Paid birthdays off
If WyHy sounds like your kind of place to work – then you’re in luck! We have the following job available:
ACCOUNT RECOVERY SPECIALIST
The Account recovery Specialist works with a team of specialists whose primary goal is to reduce delinquency and losses. They work with members of the Credit Union to determine underlying payment issues with member loans and shares and work to reach a solution that is advantageous to the member and the Credit Union.
- Adhere to policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Maintain daily control of delinquent loan accounts and pending late payment reminders.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently, locating and contacting members to inquire about the status regarding any outstanding obligations to the credit union as needed.
- Create trust relationships with members to avoid future issues.
- Develop customized solutions for members by providing guidance to members utilizing budgeting and credit analysis tools.
- Communicate with members and staff to positively resolve issues and conflicts.
- Maintain accurate and timely collection notes.
These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Additional duties may be required and assigned. This list of duties and responsibilities is subject to change without notice.
The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions of the job.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in collections, or the equivalent related experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Symitar and the Collection Tool Kit (CTK) experience.
- Knowledge of post-charge-off recovery best practices.
- Associates degree or higher.
- Previous work experience in customer service, sales, collections or related field.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong computer and Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with personal private information.
- Excellent people, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be polite and compassionate without lacking confidence.
- Knowledge of CU collection policies, procedures, laws, and regulations.
- Ability to be thorough and set priorities in alignment with departmental goals and objectives.
- Familiarity with bankruptcy, repossessions, and foreclosures.
- While performing the essential duties of the position, the employee may be required to stand, sit, walk, stoop, kneel, talk, see and hear. The nature of this position requires physical mobility and the ability to occasionally lift and/or move a maximum of 20 pounds. This position may include prolonged periods working on a computer and looking at a monitor screen.
- Core operating hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM; evenings and/or weekends may be required.
- Travel and time spent outside the office may be required.
- Requirement to be bonded. Successful background check including personal credit report and criminal record.