New job Accounts Receivable Specialist - Telecommute (FTE 1.0, Days) in Montana
Accounts Receivable Specialist - Telecommute (FTE 1.0, Days)
Company : Providence
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Montana
Providence St. Joseph Health is calling an Accounts Receivable Specialist - Telecommute Position (Full-Time, Days) to our locations in WA,OR,MT,CA,AK,TX,NM only.
In this position you will:
- Utilize Epic to review and satisfy billing edits, charge information, private or government insurance benefits, and other related information from multiple billing and documentation servers (for multiple hospitals, clinics and insurance companies) while resolving account balances and removing barriers to cash flow.
- Ensure appropriate use of adjustment codes and activity codes to allow for appropriate workflow and trending.
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve business results and/or to alert business units of trends, anomalies or health plan rules and decisions, etc. that need attention.
- Escalate unresolved issues appropriately, quickly and recommend solutions to minimize future problems.
- Must be able to meet primary productivity and performance standards.
- Make appropriate decisions on account activity consistent with approved authority levels.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years of experience in automated, computerized account follow-up system in a hospital setting, health insurance claims processing or medical office.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- College level coursework.
- Knowledge in reimbursement of health care accounts (follow up with insurance companies or claims adjudication).
- Knowledge of revenue, CPT and ICD-10 codes.
- Prior Epic Experience.
About the department you will serve.
One Revenue Cycle (ORC) is the name adopted to reflect the Providence employees who work throughout Providence Health & Services (PH&S) in revenue cycle systems and structures in support of our ministries and operations in all regions from Alaska to California. ORC’s objective is to ensure our core strategy, One Ministry Committed to Excellence, is delivered along with the enhanced overall patient care experience (know me, care for me, ease my way) by providing a robust foundation of services, operational and technical support, and the sharing of comprehensive, relevant, and highly specialized revenue cycle expertise.
For information on our comprehensive range of benefits, visit:
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Billing/Insurance
Other Location(s): Montana, California, New Mexico, Oregon, Washington, Texas, Alaska
Req ID: 288392