New job Veterans Services Specialist in Michigan | 2021
Veterans Services Specialist
Company : Peckham
Salary : Details not provided
*Staff positions are supportive roles providing support to our rehabilitation mission. Applicants for staff positions do not need to have a barrier to employment to be eligible for these roles.*
Peckham Inc. - Veteran Services Specialist
The Veteran Services Specialist will work with Peckham’s Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Business Services, and Environmental Services divisions to recruit and retain US Military Veterans. This person will develop and coordinate opportunities for group interactions among veterans at Peckham by supporting the Peckham Veterans Services Group, whose mission is to create a supportive work environment for qualified veterans by recognizing the needs of those who have honorably served our country. In addition to facilitating the Peckham Veterans Services Group across Peckham locations, the Veteran Services Specialist will assist veterans in identifying, developing, and linking to needed resources and will guide efforts to make Peckham an employer of choice for Veterans. Veterans with combat experience and service-connected disability are highly encouraged to apply.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work collaboratively with Peckham’s Recruitment and Eligibility teams to grow Peckham’s outreach to Veterans.
- Develop and lead the Peckham Veterans Service Group across Peckham locations.
- Support the Peckham Veterans Service Group in planning and implementing initiatives and events.
- Work closely with Human Services staff to enhance services provided to veterans participating in Organizational Employment programs and to facilitate increased understanding of the unique needs of veterans with service-connected disabilities.
- Facilitate veteran group support meetings biweekly at all locations.
- Work with Peckham’s Public Relations Department and other departmental staff to develop recognition opportunities for veterans working in Peckham’s business lines.
- Provide information to veterans about local, state, and federal resources that fit their specific needs.
- Develop strategic relationships with government agencies and community organizations including the Department of Veterans Affairs; U.S. Army Wounded Warrior Program, Michigan Rehabilitation Services, local veterans’ groups and veterans’ service centers; and other social service organizations serving veterans with disabilities.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as referral agent to community service agencies as appropriate
- Support of veterans across all Peckham facilities will require travel
- Utilize a teamwork approach for all projects
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Promote Peckham’s vision, values, and services to all customers and stakeholders
- Assist in maintaining organization wide quality standards
- Assist in the training of people with disabilities as needed.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities
- Associate degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Experience with Workday to take case notes or ability to learn new software
- Candidate must be a veteran of the United States Military; honorable discharge, combat experience, and service-connected disability are preferred.
The physical demands of this position may be reasonably accommodated for individuals with disabilities on a case by case basis.
The physical demands of this position may be reasonably accommodated for individuals with disabilities on a case-by-case basis.
PECKHAM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled. Peckham provides equal opportunities and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, height, weight, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION FOR APPLYING NOTICE
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of your application please:
- Click HERE and you will be directed to the ILRU Directory to find an agency in your area that can assist you
- Email us at email@example.com
- Call us at (517) 316-4000
- Visit us at: 3510 Capital City BLVD, Lansing, MI 48906 (M-F 8am - 4pm)
Examples of reasonable accommodations may include making a change to the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Business Line:Human Services
Worker Sub-Type:Staff Member