New job Transfer Center Specialist, Per Diem in New Hampshire | 2021
Transfer Center Specialist, Per Diem
Company : D-H Lebanon-MHMH
Salary : Details not provided
2. Independently and accurately completes telemedicine encounters, consults and internal admissions. May handle transfer requests per protocol/upon delegation by RN.
3. Works closely with RN, communicating patient/request information to allow prioritization of call queue.
4. Communicates and collaborates with Patient Flow Command staff as well as House Supervisor to assist in prioritization of bed assignment activities including obtaining and relaying relevant data to ensure proper patient placement and care requirements (e.g. private room, bariatric room, lift room etc.)
5. Establishes timely communications between referring provider, accepting provider, House Supervisor, on-call medical director, unit charge RNs, Patient Flow Command Center and DHART as applicable.
6. Maintains and updates patient transfer and consult queues.
7. Develops and promotes long-term relationships with referring facilities and providers.
8. Maintains accurate and timely documentation relating to all calls and assists in maintaining databases. Obtains pertinent documentation needed to create medical record numbers.
9. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
High school or equivalent required. Some college preferred.
Knowledge of medical terminology required
Two (2) years of experience in a healthcare environment strongly preferred.
EMT, LNA or MA desirable
Comfortable with the use of multiple software platforms and multi-line phone systems.
Exemplary interpersonal communication skills and demonstrated team player.
Must be capable of performing accurately and calmly in a fast-paced environment.
Proven organizational and multi-tasking abilities along with strong customer service skills that include excellent phone etiquette.
Required Licensure/Certification Skills: