New job Teacher: K-6 (2021-22 School Year) in Alaska | 2021
Teacher: K-6 (2021-22 School Year)
Company : Anchorage School District
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alaska
- Valid Alaska initial, professional, or master teaching certificate.
- Evidence of content knowledge shown by:
- a posted degree in the content area of this position; or
- a posted minor in the content area of this position; or
- passing Praxis Subject Assessments scores (formerly Praxis II) in the content area of Elementary Education
- an endorsement in the content area of this position
- Can describe their philosophy of education and demonstrate its relationship to their practice.
- Understands how students learn and develop, and applies that knowledge in their practice.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior to achieve an effective learning atmosphere.
- Organizes class time to provide a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, work time and assessment.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and-in harmony with the goals-establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects and the like to communicate these objectives to students.
- Teaches students with respect for their individual and cultural characteristics.
- Knows the teacher's content area and how to teach it.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional material and provides individualized and small group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of pupils.
- Translates lesson plans into developmentally appropriate learning experiences.
- Has the ability to use current technology to enhance instruction.
- Has the ability to use technology for record-keeping and research.
- Applies knowledge of current research and theory to instructional program.
- Facilitates, monitors, and assesses student learning.
- Evaluates pupils' academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records and prepares progress reports.
- Identifies pupil needs and makes appropriate referrals and develops strategies for individual education plans.
- Creates and maintains a learning environment in which all students are actively engaged and contributing members.
- Provides individualized and small group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of the student.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Creates an environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, interest centers, and exhibits of student's work.
- Supervises student environment, students, and volunteers.
- Works as a partner with parents, families, and the community.
- Communicates regularly with parents by means of newsletters, notes, phone calls, conferences, etc.
- Participates in and contributes to the teaching profession.
Teacher: K-6/Teacher: K-6
Teacher: K-6/Teacher: K-6
INLET VIEW ELEMENTARY
INLET VIEW ELEMENTARY
Bargaining Unit: AEA
Work Year: 182 Days per year
Job Summary This position requires a valid Alaska educator certificate. The number of work days is based upon the AEA negotiated pay scale. Information on the pay scale can be found online at www.asdk12.org/laborrelations. Positions that are 0.50 FTE to 1.0 FTE are associated with the Alaska Teachers’ Retirement System (TRS), positions that are 0.40 to 0.49 FTE are associated with the Alaska Employees’ Retirement System (PERS). Positions that are 0.39 FTE or less are not eligible for state retirement benefits.
This position reports to and is evaluated by the site principal. Elementary teachers create a flexible elementary grade program and a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth; establish effective rapport with students; motivate students to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for middle school education, in accordance with each student’s ability; and establishes good relationships with parents and with other staff members.
The following are required:
Essential Job Functions
The responsibilities listed below are representative of the essential functions of this position. The successful candidate:
Physical /Mental Demands
The physical demands of this job require frequent standing, walking, sitting, speaking and hearing. Specific visual abilities are also required. The employee is regularly required to reach with his/her hands and arms and occasionally lift items weighing less than 40 lbs. Additionally, the employee must be able to understand vague and implicit instructions, be able to readily recall facts and details, handle conflict and make effective decisions under pressure. The employee must have the ability to effectively manage the stress of working with students, parents, and other employees representing diverse cultures, personalities, and work styles in a dynamic work environment.
The Anchorage School District is committed to providing reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all individuals with a qualified physical or mental disability.
Work is performed in a professional environment with a wide variety of individuals having differing functions, personalities and abilities, including working with diverse groups of people in a variety of different settings.
While performing the duties of this job the employee may be regularly exposed to a video display. The employee may be exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Additional Job Information
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job related duties as requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
Anchorage School District (ASD) employees must possess the ability to read and write in English. This also includes the ability to communicate in English with school staff, co-workers, and the public; as well as have the ability to comprehend and carry out oral and written directions and understand and follow English instructions and written documents.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a satisfactory criminal background check. For certificated positions, this is in addition to the background check conducted through the certification process with the Alaska State Department of Education and Early Development (DEED).
This position may be required to work in ASD facilities on the military installations (JBER). Please visit the government REAL ID website for additional information.
The Anchorage School District is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Source : Indded