New job Survey Field Technician in North Dakota | 2021
Survey Field Technician
Company : Bolton and Menk Inc.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : North Dakota
Bolton & Menk is growing and we have an exciting opportunity for a SURVEY FIELD TECHNICIAN to join our team in serving our Fargo area clients. As a Top150 Workplace, this is a fantastic opportunity to work with a great team of professionals. Bolton & Menk is regional, consulting engineer firm with over 70 years of experience serving the Upper Midwest.
This position will be located out of our Fargo office and will be approximately 90% field surveying and 10% office duties. This is a seasonal position.
In this role you will:
- Operate robotic total stations, GPS equipment and data collectors
- Perform field work for land surveying scopes of work including construction staking, boundary location, ALTA/ASCM, topography surveys and performing routine survey/engineering computations for various project types
- Transfer files between data collectors and internal company project folders
- Preparing construction documents and recording data in field books
- Maintain productive working relationships with all clients and coworkers
- Include shoveling, lifting heavy objects, operating motor vehicles and small power equipment
- Minimal overnight travel may be required
- Physically mobile in and around construction sites and field assignments
- Ability to carry survey equipment and supplies in remote, rural, or urban surroundings
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and walk long distances
The ideal candidate will have:
- A diploma or Associate's Degree in Land Surveying Technology, Civil Engineering Technology, or related field from an accredited post-secondary institution or equivalent training or experience.
- 3+ years of field experience in data collection and construction staking with knowledge of legal descriptions
- NSPE Certified Survey Technical Level III or LSIT Certification preferred
- Must possess a valid driver's license and be insurable at the Firm's standard rates. A motor vehicle record (MVR) check is a standard condition of employment.
WHY BOLTON & MENK?
Work with a creative and hardworking team, who believe in client satisfaction and building relationships. For over 70 years Bolton & Menk, Inc. has served public and private clients with comprehensive planning, design and construction engineering and surveying services. The employees at Bolton & Menk are seeking hard working and ambitious co-workers to join us to deliver tomorrow?s leading infrastructure projects. Bolton & Menk is employee-owned, is ranked among ENR?s Top 500 Design Firms and is a Top 150 Workplace in Minnesota. With over 550 employees and 23 offices in Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, North Carolina and South Carolina, there are always new challenges and career development opportunities available.
At Bolton & Menk, we value our people and provide an exceptional Total Compensation and Benefits Package to protect our most valuable asset. We are committed to the well-being of our employees and their families. Perks of being a Bolton & Menk employee include peace of mind with our benefits package and competitive compensation plan, flexible schedules and career development opportunities. Learn more here: https://www.bolton-menk.com/careers
We're Social! Connect with us on Twitter @BoltonandMenk or Facebook BoltonandMenk
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bolton & Menk, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.