New job SUPPLY MANGEMENT OFFICER in Arkansas | 2021
SUPPLY MANGEMENT OFFICER
Company : US Department of the Army
Salary : $64,649 - $84,049 a year
This National Guard position is for a Supply Management Officer, Position Description Number D0608000 and is part of the Robinson Maneuver Training Center Arkansas Army National Guard.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED
(1) Plans, directs and organizes the housing assignment, billeting, and logistical operations of a Category A MTA to include such functions as inventory and storage management, quality assurance, maintenance, procurement. and property utilization and disposal. Items managed fall into such categories as subsistence, ammunition, medical supplies, petroleum, and common use supplies. Review, analyzes and interprets supply directives and procedural instructions and plans operating procedures to render the best possible support to the training site and supported units. Directs activities concerned with salvage and protection of supply items.
(2) Reviews, proposes, directs me development of and/or develops local billeting, housing, and supply management directives (including those pertaining to warehousing and stock control). Develops operating instructions for implementation and ensures compliance.
(3) Renders technical assistance and guidance to the site manager, and higher levels of command for logistical services.
(4) Review, proposes and issues rules, regulations and directives pertaining to warehousing and stock control procedures. Plans for and directs activities concerning receipt, storage, issue, end in-storage maintenance of supplies and equipment.
(5) Meets with National Guard Bureau personnel, other governmental agencies, state National Guard Commands and activities on logistical matters, plans, policies and directives. Collaborates with heads of other units to coordinate work-related changes affecting other units as well as plan for annual Training exercises.
(6) Assembles and reviews Budget estimates for the Logistics Directorate. Determines funding requirements and directs the preparation of budget justifications. Allocates resources at his disposal.
(7) Performs a number of supervisory personnel functions. Implements provisions of personnel management such as equal employment, merit promotion, performance appraisals. counseling, incentive awards, etc. Evaluates supervisors and reviews evaluations made by supervisors on other employees. Hears employee grievances and may deal with union representatives. Plans work schedules and makes assignments to subordinates. Makes decisions on work problems presented by subordinate supervisors. Interviews and makes selections for nonsupervisory positions; recommends selections for supervisory positions. Initiates formal requests for personnel actions.
(8) Performs other duties assigned.
Job family (Series)
2003 Supply Program Management
Conditions of EmploymentMILITARY REQUIREMENTS:
National Guard Membership is required.
Compatible military grade and assignment required prior to the effective date of placement. This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state's National Guard. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position.
Military Grade Requirement:
- Minimum Military Grade: SFC/E-7
- Maximum Military Grade: MAJ/O-4 or CW3
Compatible Military Assignment:
Selectee must be a member of the Arkansas Army National Guard and be assigned to a compatible military position in RMTC in Career Management Field (CMF) 920A. Must become compatible within 12 months of appointment.
IMPORTANT NOTES (AS APPLICABLE): Upon selection for this position, individual must possess or initiate a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) background investigation. A favorable determination based upon investigative results is mandatory for this position. Failure to meet these requirements will result in termination of employment. A pre-placement physical is required if not already current. Upon selection, must complete mandatory Full-Time Support (FTS) Training at the Professional Education Center (PEC) within six months of assignment (if applicable, training will be coordinated by the supervisor). Individual must meet all military requirements of the position without creating a grade inversion, as determined by the Human Resources Office (HRO). Technicians will not be militarily senior to their full-time supervisor or wage leader (Grade Inversion). Enlisted members currently at a higher grade than allowed by the position (see Military Grade Requirement above) may apply; however, they must administratively reduce prior to appointment and provide confirmation of the reduction to HRO.
Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
Experience, education, or training which has provided the applicant with a general knowledge of one or more aspects of the supply field. Experience using computer and automation systems.
Must have at least 36 months experience, education, or training supervising and/or managing supply personnel and a variety of supply functions. Knowledge on the entire inventory management supply system. Experience coordinating with other organizations on complex and controversial supply issues. Experience providing advice and guidance on supply regulations to upper levels of management regarding supply functions.
Experience in managing the function of the work to be performed. Experience which includes leading, directing and assigning work of personnel.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your resume showing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates (format should include Month and Year) of employment and duties performed.
2. Current Individual Medical Readiness (IMR) dated within 18 months: Can be obtained from Army Knowledge Online (AKO)/Self Service/My Medical Readiness. Click on any "View Detailed Information" selection, then select your IMR Record. Please ensure that you are uploading a PDF DOCUMENT, not a screen shot. PHA MUST BE DATED WITHIN 18 MONTHS AS OF THE CLOSING DATE OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT!!!
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Opens in a new windowLearn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
This job is open to
National Guard & Reserves
Current members, those who want to join, or transitioning military members.
Clarification from the agency
(1) Arkansas Army National Guard (AR ARNG) Technicians; (2) All members of the AR ARNG/ANG, (3) Individuals who are not members of the National Guard but who are eligible to acquire membership in an available and compatible military grade for excepted technician positions. (Upon selection, must be a member of the Army National Guard).