New job STUDENT TRAINEE (PROGRAM ANALYSIS) in Maryland | 2021
STUDENT TRAINEE (PROGRAM ANALYSIS)
Company : US Department of Defense
Salary : $28,959 - $36,442 a year
Location : Maryland
This position is being recruited under 10 USC 1599f into the Cyber Excepted Service and does NOT convey eligibility to be converted to the Competitive Service. It has been identified as a position necessary to carry out and support the mission of the US Cyber Command.
It is in the Technical/Administrative Support Work Category at the Entry/Developmental Work Level within the CES Occupational Structure.
- Participates in studies/surveys, analyzing findings and making recommendations which support assigned mission.
- Prepares charts, graphs, and other visual aids which display program information and support recommendations.
- Serves as an advisor to management on the effectiveness of assigned programs.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
0399 Administration And Office Support Student Trainee
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must be enrolled or have been accepted for enrollment and seeking a degree (diploma, certificate, etc.) at a qualifying educational institution on a full or half time basis.
- This national security position, which may require access to classified information, requires a favorable suitability review and security clearance as a condition of employment. Failure to maintain security eligibility may result in termination.
- Drug Testing may be required.
- Security clearance will be Secret or Top Secret.
- This position has been approved for maximum telework due to the Global Pandemic. The internship positions will be reevaluated throughout the Pandemic to determine if maximum telework will continue.
QualificationsStudent Interns qualify based on their educational achievements.
In order to qualify for this position, you must meet the requirements described below.
For the GG-02 grade level: Completion of a High school diploma or equivalent.
All qualifications must be met within 30 days after the closing date of this announcement.
To be creditable, education must have been obtained in an accredited college or university. You must report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions that are recognized by the U.S. Department of Education
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services at the time of application. National Association of Credential Evaluation Services .
- The duration of a student trainee/ intern appointment is a trial period.
- Applicants must sign a Participant Agreement; be able to furnish course registration information at the start of each school term; and be able to provide verification of academic status (official transcript) at the end of each academic term.
- Selected applicants must maintain good academic standing, remain students as long as they are employed under the student program, perform their jobs successfully, and meet any other component-specific requirements outline in their Participant Agreements.
- At management discretion this position maybe converted to permanent position within 120 days of successful degree completion. Conversion is not mandatory or guaranteed for participants and is dependent (among other things) on the employee's successful completion of the Agency student-program requirements.
- Management may select at any grade level advertised in this announcement and promotion is not guaranteed.
- Candidates selected through this announcement may be offered non-competitive promotion opportunities to target positions in the full performance work level of the Cyber Excepted Service if chosen for conversion to a permanent position at the end of their student program appointment. Promotion in this permanent position is not guaranteed and no promise of a promotion is implied.
- This position is in the Excepted Service and does NOT convey eligibility to be converted to the Competitive Service. It is being recruited under 10 U.S.C. 1599f into the Cyber Excepted Service (CES) personnel system.
- If you are a current Federal Career/Career-Conditional employee, you will be placed on an Excepted appointment.
- Telework availability will be based upon the mission requirements and supervisory determination
- Individuals tentatively selected for drug testing designated positions at the Defense Information Systems Agency will be required to submit to urinalysis for illegal drugs prior to appointment or placement.
- We may use this announcement to fill additional vacancies within 90 days of the closing date.
- Moving costs MAY be paid.
- For more information on veterans' preference click here.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (to verify your registration status click here).
- The Department of Defense (DoD) policy on employment of annuitants issued March 18, 2004 will be used in determining eligibility of annuitants.
- For more information regarding qualifications requirements please click here.
- For more information on the Cyber Excepted Service Personnel System, click here.
- Because this position is in the Cyber Excepted Service, Veterans' Preference will be applied to preference eligible candidates, as defined by Section 2108 of the Title 5 U.S.C. in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 3005, "CES Employment and Placement". If you are a veteran claiming veteran's preference, as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you must submit documents verifying your eligibility with your application package.
- You may submit a cover letter which will be forwarded to the selecting official with your resume. Your cover letter will not be used to verify your qualifications or eligibility.
- If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the application process is complete, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the applicant questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
Noncritical-Sensitive (NCS)/Moderate Risk
Trust determination process
FOR THIS JOB ANNOUNCEMENT THE FOLLOWING SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED AS THEY APPLY STATED BELOW AND MUST BE RECEIVED BY THE CLOSE OF THE ANNOUNCEMENT. NOT ALL DOCUMENTS WILL APPLY TO EVERYONE.
- Transcripts (Required) - To be eligible for the Student Internship Program, you must submit unofficial/official transcripts with the current enrollment period course load. The absence of this information will result in an ineligible rating.
- SF-50 - (if applicable) Notification of Personnel Action for current federal employees, to include current agency employees, must provide your most recent SF50 reflecting current federal employment and your highest grade held on a permanent basis.
- Veterans Preference Documentation (if applicable) - Candidates claiming Veterans Preference must submit a DD-214 (Member Copy 4), or, if you are CURRENTLY serving on active duty, a statement of service from your unit which states the date you entered on active duty, the date you are separating, and the campaign medals you have received. For those supplying the statement of service, preference will be verified by a DD-214 (Member Copy 4) upon separation from the military. Veterans with a service-connected disability must also submit a VA letter dated 1991 or later. DoD Components with CES positions apply Veterans' Preference to preference eligible candidates, as defined by Section 2108 of the Title 5 U.S.C. in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 3005, "CES Employment and Placement."
- Military Spouse Preference (if applicable) - Spousal Permanent Change of Station (PCS) orders, marriage certificate/license, and a MILITARY SPOUSE PPP SELF-CERTIFICATION CHECKLIST are required to claim Military Spouse Preference. The Military Spouse PPP Self-Certification Checklist can be found here: Military Spouse PPP Self-Certification Checklist .
WARNING: Failure to submit a complete application package including any required documentation by 11:59 PM (EST) on 04/01/2021, or at the time of application for announcements with an extended closing date, may result in an ineligible rating and loss of consideration. To verify that your application is complete, log into your USAJOBS account, select Application Status and More Information. The Details page will display the status of your application. It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded is received, legible and accurate. HR will not modify answers submitted by an applicant.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Opens in a new windowLearn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
This job is open to
Current students enrolled in accredited educational institutions from high school to graduate level. Includes internships, pathways and other student programs.
Clarification from the agency
Students Enrolled or Accepted for Enrollment During the Current or Next Upcoming Semester in a Degree-seeking Program (diploma, certificate, etc.) in an Accredited/Qualifying Educational Institution, on a Full or Half-time Basis.