New job Staff-Auditor in Virginia | 2021
Company : Virginia Dept of Motor Vehicles
Salary : $46,087 - $60,000 a year
Location : Virginia
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity with very good benefits in a great working environment? The Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) is seeking a self-motivated Staff Auditor to join its Internal Data Management Services Department. The auditor will be responsible for assisting with audits and independently performing compliance desk reviews of DMV’s external data customers to ensure compliance with all contractual and statutory obligations and restrictions. The position performs moderate to complex performance audits of all external users of DMV’s technology systems. Requires knowledge of auditing standards in a wide range of operational and organizational situations. The candidate must be able to thoroughly document and organize audit evidence that supports conclusions, logically interpret and apply pertinent laws and regulations to specific situations. An enhanced understanding of risks, controls and governance processes is required, as is proficiency using word processing and spreadsheet applications. The ability to work independently and to communicate and present data effectively to all levels of management both verbally and in writing is crucial. The auditor will report to the Audit Manager and perform other tasks as assigned to ensure proper functioning of DMV’s Data Compliance and Audit program. This position is currently performed via telework due to the Covid-19 Pandemic.
- Considerable knowledge of Government Auditing Standards (GAO), Institute of Internal Audit Standards (IIA), General Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), and current business practices;
- Proven skill in applying auditing procedures;
- Ability to research laws, regulations and policies;
- Proven skill in developing and documenting audit testing procedures and work papers;
- Ability to deal effectively with a variety of personalities and to establish and maintain effective working relationships Proven ability to function effectively within a team environment; diplomacy and tact
- Ability to exercise good judgement
- Ability to work independently especially in a telework environment
- Ability to travel within the Commonwealth for up to 50% of working time, with occasional overnight travel
- Graduation from an accredited college/university with major study in accounting, information systems, or business administration combined with two (2) years of professional accounting or auditing experience; Or, any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
All applicants for employment must consent to a driver history and criminal background check. A fingerprint-based criminal history check required. DMV participates in E-verify. The selected applicant will need to complete the I-9 Employment Eligibility Form. Economic Interest Statement Required.This position may require travel within the Commonwealth for up to 50% of working time, with some occasional overnight travel. DMV is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Persons with national service experience (VISTA, Peace Corps, AmeriCorps, Veterans) are encouraged to apply.
2300 West Broad Street Richmond, VA 23220