New job Special Inspectors in New York | 2021
Company : ADVANCE TESTING CO INC
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New York
Advance Testing Company, an established New York-based construction materials testing and inspection firm, has opportunities available for individuals to perform testing and inspection of construction materials such as soils, aggregates, concrete, reinforcing steel, masonry, structural steel and bolting, fireproofing, and asphalt. Advance Testing trains and certifies employees within these disciplines through locally and nationally recognized programs.
As a Special Inspector, the employee may be assigned to provide services throughout our area of coverage, which includes, but is not restricted to the tri-state area (NY / NJ / CT) and New England. Typical project types that employees are assigned to include highways, bridges, commercial buildings, airports, tunnels, fabrication plants, material production facilities, government and military sites, and schools. Applicants must be able to obtain any security clearances and background confirmation required by clients for sensitive projects and locations. In addition to potential field assignments, Advance Testing operates a state-of-the-art, accredited laboratory facility that employees may be trained to perform testing services in.
All positions may require lifting and/or physical activities, including lifting of up to 75 lbs, walking / working on uneven surfaces, and driving to and from job sites (valid driver’s license and a working personal vehicle are required). The majority of our work is conducted outdoors, in all weather conditions. Work hours vary, but may include day, night, and weekend shifts.
Special Inspector position applicants must already possess one or more of the following certifications:
- American Concrete Institute Concrete Construction Special Inspector
- International Code Council Reinforced Concrete Special Inspector
- International Code Council Structural Masonry Special Inspector
- International Code Council Structural Steel and Bolting Inspector
- International Code Council Fireproofing Inspector
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: (Other duties may be assigned as well)
- Observes work in progress to ensure that procedures followed and materials used conform to specifications.
- Perform standard testing on materials.
- Prepare samples of materials for laboratory testing.
- Examine workmanship of installations for conformity to specifications.
- Maintains daily log of construction and inspection activities and completes reports daily.
- Prepare sketches of construction installations that correlate with testing and inspection sites.