New job Senior Policy Advisor, Federal in Alabama | 2021
Senior Policy Advisor, Federal
Company : Stantec
Salary : $156,100 - $218,800 a year
Location : Alabama
At Stantec we build community. Our US Federal clients secure and enhance our nation. Together we live, work, and raise families in local, national, and international communities.
We design civil, military and other infrastructure. We explore, analyze, and address environmental threats. We plan for, mitigate, and respond to natural and other disasters. In short, we work together with our US Federal Agency partners to help our communities thrive in a safe, sustainable manner.
We serve and seek those who serve our communities, especially veterans, because they uniquely understand the effort required to help communities prosper. Join us and help secure and enhance our local, national and international communities.
Stantec is looking for an experienced US Government Senior Policy Advisor to join our team to provide policy expertise, track major appropriations and policy changes, develop major pursuit capture plans and track program and project opportunities at the Federal, State, and local levels. Identify gaps in our strategies, build the Stantec brand, develop relationships with our government clients, and lead recommendations related to business sector legislative topics. This position will help Stantec advance the organization’s evidence-based policy efforts at the federal, state, and local levels with all business sectors to include federal, water, buildings and facilities, infrastructure and transportation, power and energy and environmental services.
Your Key Responsibilities
As a US Government Senior Policy Advisor, you will be engaged in the following:
- Cultivate and maintain trusted networks in the federal, state, and local policymaking arenas
- Help increase brand and value recognition of Stantec with our US Government clients. Help build relationships with clients
- Assist clients in tracking major programs and projects through the appropriations bill process
- Perform major capture on strategic opportunities including tracking and understanding priorities and appropriations
- Assist in interpretation of government policy and how policy guidance is implemented at our account and client level
- Conduct research, analyze, and review new and emerging regulatory developments to understand impact to clients and the business
- Inform and communicate with industry and market segment leadership regarding regulatory developments
- Craft and develop internal summaries of regulatory key issues affecting Stantec’s clients or Stantec business sectors
- Engage executive leadership, account management, major capture, marketing, and other SMEs to develop thought leadership
- Manage Industry and Association relationships on behalf of Stantec
- Actively participate in conferences working closely with other centers of excellence, as applicable, to identify common regulatory themes and formulate analyses of major issues
- Monitor Congressional hearings and communicate with industry and market segment leadership on noted changes, and key topics of interests
- Identify, engage, and develop relationships with national advocacy organizations across various business sectors
- Develop and manage a team of experienced staff with focus on policy advisory resources and services
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to conduct effective presentations and written technical report preparation
- Ability to develop innovative ideas and practical solutions in response to legislative and political changes that alter the industry and impact the business
- Strong presence with the capability to present professionally internally and externally
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects, tasks, and responsibilities
- Ability to connect with resources and subject matter experts to accumulate information that adds value and provides insight into changes in the regulatory environment
- Solid understanding of the regulatory environment and applicable regulatory agencies
Education and Experience
Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Science, Technology, Economics, International Affairs, Public Administration, Political Science, Finance, or Business or other related fields.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act requires employers to provide the following information for positions that may be in Colorado:
Hiring Salary Range: $156,100 - $218,800 Colorado location only. The final agrees upon compensation is based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. This position is bonus eligible.
US Benefits: Benefits include access to medical, dental, and vision plans, a wellness program, health saving account, flexible spending account, 401(k) plans, employee stock purchase program, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans and paid time off (e.g., vacation, sick and holidays).
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Strategic Planning and Development
Primary Location: United States-Virginia-Fairfax
Other Locations: United States-Virginia-Roanoke, United States-Virginia-Fredericksburg, United States-Missouri, United States-Alaska, United States-Wisconsin, United States-Indiana, United States-Virginia-Arlington, United States-Mississippi, United States-California, United States-Washington, United States-Maine, United States-Alabama, United States-South Carolina, United States-North Dakota, United States-West Virginia, United States-Massachusetts, United States-Wyoming, United States-Virginia, United States-Michigan, United States-Rhode Island, United States-North Carolina, United States-District Of Columbia-Washington, United States-Maryland, United States-Vermont, United States-Minnesota, United States-New Hampshire, United States-Georgia, United States-Kentucky, United States-New Jersey, United States-New Mexico, United States-Kansas, United States-Utah, United States-Iowa, United States-Louisiana, United States-Idaho, United States-Florida, United States-Pennsylvania, United States-New York, United States-Texas, United States-Connecticut, United States-Nevada, United States-Tennessee, United States-Illinois, United States-Virginia-Richmond, United States-Oregon, United States-Ohio, United States-Virginia-Charlottesville, United States-Arizona, United States-Colorado, United States-Hawaii
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Req ID: 210000PY
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans