New job Senior Application Support Specialist in Delaware | 2021
Senior Application Support Specialist
Company : State of Delaware
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Delaware
Make a Difference with DHSS
Our mission at the Department of Health and Social Services (DHSS) is to improve the quality of life of Delaware citizens by promoting health and well-being, fostering self-sufficiency, and protecting vulnerable populations. We prioritize personal and family independence by assisting individuals and families in a variety of life areas.
We offer numerous career opportunities and are dedicated to attracting and retaining highly talented individuals who are ready to make a difference in their community today. DHSS is a great place to kick-start your profession.
For more information, please visit https://dhss.delaware.gov/dhss/ today!
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Performs systems analysis and design employing information needs analysis, requirements analysis and design alternative analysis.
- Provides alternative design proposals including cost/benefit analyses.
- Writes computer program specifications.
- Designs computer program logic flow, writes new and modifies existing computer programs, develops test data, tests and debugs computer programs.
- Provides user orientation and training in new/modified applications.
- May serve as team leader periodically as projects dictate to include reviewing computer programs for accuracy and efficiency and coordinating the testing and production of new/modified system capabilities.
- May train lower level application programmers and support specialists.
- Writes progress and incident reports.
- Writes operational, program and user documentation.
- Performs related work as required.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Senior Application Support Specialist
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Six months experience in computer programming languages including the latest generation.
- Six months experience in database management systems which includes database design, testing, and implementation.
- Six months experience in information systems analysis and design.
Additional Posting Information
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. The State of Delaware participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information refer to our Job Seeker Resources.
DHSS does not provide employment-based sponsorship.
Conditions of Hire
To learn more about the comprehensive benefit package please visit our website at https://dhr.delaware.gov/benefits/
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at statejobs.delaware.gov.