New job Rep II, Customer Support in Colorado | 2021
Rep II, Customer Support
Company : City of Fort Collins
Salary : $37,228 - $55,842 a year
Location : Colorado
POSITION TITLE: Rep II, Customer Support (Full-Time Regular) (Classified)
REQUISITION #: req2683
DEPARTMENT: Utilities Customer Connections
LOCATION: 222 LAPORTE
BENEFIT CATEGORY: Classified (Non-CBU) View Classifications & Benefits
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-Time Regular
ANNUAL SALARY RANGE: $37,228.00 - 55,842.00 (Salaries are paid biweekly)
SELECTION PROCESS: Application deadline is 3:00 p.m. MT on 4/7/2021.
You will receive an email acknowledgment when you have successfully submitted an application. Your completed application will be forwarded to the hiring manager. You will be notified if you are selected for further testing or interviews. Please keep your contact information up-to-date. The status of your application will be updated in your applicant profile. Post-offer background check required.
The Community: The City of Fort Collins sits nestled against the foothills of the Rocky Mountains alongside the banks of the Cache La Poudre River. At 5,000 feet in elevation, residents enjoy a moderate, four-season climate, with an average of 300 days of sunshine per year. With 174,800 residents, Fort Collins is Colorado’s fourth-largest city and spans 57 square miles. With the 20 year growth projection, the City of Fort Collins is expected to reach 255,000 residents.
The first people who hunted in this region arrived approximately 11,000 years ago, and Northern Colorado remains an integral part of the traditional and ancestral homelands of the Arapaho, Cheyenne, and Ute Nations. European-American trappers and traders arrived by the early 1800s but rarely established permanent settlements. Gold and silver discoveries in the Colorado mountains in the mid-1800s and the prospect of land for farming and ranching attracted people from eastern cities and across the globe to the Colorado Territory, including what would become the town of Fort Collins; an agricultural colony that emerged from its founding days as a military fort. The expansion included the sugar beet industry's growth, which brought new residents whose descendants still live here today, including Mexican-American families from southern Colorado, New Mexico, and northern Mexico, as well as Germans from Russia. Since 1879, Fort Collins has been the home of the state’s land grant institution, Colorado State University, which currently enrolls 34,000 students. Along with the university, the city’s major high-tech and manufacturing companies and breweries attract new residents from all over the country and world. The community’s overall social diversity continues to grow.
There are abundant outdoor recreation opportunities available to the many residents who enjoy healthy lifestyles. The nearby Horsetooth Reservoir is a key attraction, as is the Cache La Poudre-North Park Scenic Byway. The Downtown district provides many venues for live music, shopping, dining, and nightlife within the city. Fort Collins is widely considered the Craft Beer Capital of Colorado. The City has a strong appreciation for arts, culture, and entertainment. Various national organizations and magazines recognize Fort Collins as one of the best places to live in the nation.
The City’s long list of acknowledgements includes:
- No. 5 Best Remote-Ready Cities: Livability.com Jan 2021
- Top 30 Creative Small Cities: CVSuite – May 2020
- No. 18 Safest Cities in America: SafeWise – April 2020
- No. 1 Best Place to Live: Livability.com March 2020
- No. 9 Most Fitness Friendly Places: SmartAsset – Dec 2019
- No. 7 Safest Driving Cities: Allstate – June 2019
- No. 4 Best U.S. Cities to Raise a Family: MarketWatch – April 2019
- No. 9 Best Performing Cities: Milken Institute – Jan 2019
- No. 3 U.S. Cities with Highest Economic Confidence: Yahoo – Nov 2018
- No. 2 Brain Concentration Index: Bloomberg – Nov 2018
- No. 1 City in America for Cycling: PeopleForBikes-May 2018
- Outstanding Achievement in Local Government Innovation Award: Alliance for Innovation-April 2018
- The Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award-Nov 2017
- 18th Best City for Career Opportunities: SmartAsset – Sep 2017
- 3rd Best College Town to Live in Forever: College Ranker – July 2017
- 25 Best Towns Ever: Where to Live Now: Outside Magazine – June 2017
- No. 1 Stable and Growing Housing Market: Realtor.com-June 2017
- 11th Happiest City in America: Yahoo! Finance - March 2017
- No. 9 Top 150 Cities for Millennials Report: Millennial Personal Finance - Feb 2017
- No. 2 Best Cities for Small Business Owners: ValuePenguin – Feb 2017
Why Work For the City of Fort Collins?
- Medical, dental, vision (for self, spouse, children) – eligible on the 1st of the month following date of hire
- Paid vacation, paid holidays, and sick
- Retirement + company contributions – after 6 month probation period and immediate vesting
- Flexible spending: Medical expenses FSA, dependent FSA or both
- Employee Assistance Program: counseling, legal, financial assistance
- Life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Wellness program, workout facilities
- Employee/family Onsite Health Clinic
- Personal & professional learning opportunities including supervisory and leadership development; plus career mobility
- Collaborative work environment
Job SummaryWork related to ensuring customer services are provided effectively and efficiently. Handling of customer information, new accounts and services, applications, billing, payments, and accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists internal and external customers with information, directions, registration, utility service or billing inquiries.
- Collaborates with other city departments to solve problems.
- Performs data entry and may maintain databases and/or spreadsheets for the department.
- Performs administrative, general clerical and filing as needed.
- Performs cashiering on regular rotational basis.
- Performs other special projects as assigned.
- May conduct research and analyze processes to resolve customer issues and/or disputes.
- May administer and monitor programs relevant to the department's functions.
- Conducts financial transactions such as petty cash management, billing, fee processing or account balancing.
- May generate statements and/or reports.
- May produce materials which support customer service efforts.
- Understand and interprets policies, procedures, codes and regulations.
Management ResponsibilitiesNoCity Competencies
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated cultural competence to effectively interact, work, and develop meaningful relationships with people of diverse identities, perspectives and cultural backgrounds.
- Strong learning orientation. Leverages all resources and is creative in ways of learning for self to continue adapting to changing issues and trends.
- A desire and ability to understand the diverse needs of internal and external customers, and to create experiences and deliver services that exceed their expectations.
- A desire and ability to utilize digital tools for organizational information, individual, and teamwork.
Required Education and Experience
- Specific knowledge of department related ordinances, policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Specific knowledge of services and products offered by the department/division.
- Ability to use Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to perform basic math and accounting skills.
- Ability to use multiple technological systems to manage customer information and billing
- Knowledge of general office equipment operations.
- Works on assignments that are moderately difficult and require developed functional experience.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision as well as in a team setting.
- Data entry and spreadsheet development experience.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to respond effectively to difficult or stressful situations, including deescalation of difficult customers.
- Ability to actively problem solve with limited guidance.
- Ability to assess and anticipate customer needs.
- Ability to identify and recommend process improvements.
- Ability to educate and sell products and services to customers.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Minimum two (2) years customer service experience.
Full Job Description
Rep II, Customer Support
The City of Fort Collins will make reasonable accommodations for access to City services, programs and activities and will make special communication arrangements for persons with disabilities. Please call (970) 221-6535 for assistance.
Notice Regarding Medical and/or Recreational Marijuana Use:
Because the possession and use of marijuana,whether for medical use or otherwise, constitutes a federal offense and because the City is a drug free workplace, the City will not accommodate the medical use of marijuana and enforces written policy prohibiting working for the City while marijuana is in the body. The fact that state law recognizes medical marijuana as a prescribed, or otherwise permitted, medication does not alter or otherwise change this policy.
The City of Fort Collins is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for positions for which they have applied without regard to gender (regardless of gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age 40 years or older, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy or other characteristics protected by law. For the purpose of this City policy “sexual orientation” means a person’s actual or perceived orientation toward heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality.
BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIRED.
Note: Some information in your application may be public information under the Colorado Open Records Act.