New job Rail and Transit Intern in Massachusetts | 2021
Rail and Transit Intern
Company : Mass Dept of Transportation
Salary : $18 - $22 an hour
- Assisting with the analysis of transit project data, including ridership reports for intercity bus transportation, transportation services for seniors and persons with disabilities, commuter bus, and other modes.
- Assisting with the update and maintenance of transit asset database of MassDOT funded vehicles awarded or leased to third parties.
- Assisting with the monitoring certain transportation services through GPS location, Automatic Passenger Counters, and published schedules.
- Supporting staff in preparing and running meetings for the Regional Transit Task Force.
- Assisting in gathering and analyzing data for Regional Transit Agency performance measures.
- Monitoring and handling email correspondence for the rural transportation technical assistance program.
- Draft materials and communications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills are essential.
- Graduate students enrolled in a related programs such as Urban Planning, Transportation Planning, Environmental Studies, Geography, or Public Policy.
- Proficiency in ArcGIS and other planning and transportation analytical tools is strongly preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office with strong skills using Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Must be enrolled in a full time bachelor's or graduate program for Fall 2021.
All job applications must be submitted online through MassCareers to be considered.
For a disability‐related reasonable accommodation or alternative application method, call Interim ADA Coordinator, Derrick Mann – (857) 368‐8541.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.