New job Purchasing Agent Level 1 in Connecticut | 2021
Purchasing Agent Level 1
Company : Numotion
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Connecticut
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Responsible for the accurate, timely review, and documentation of vendor order confirmations as compared to the company purchase order and other related order documents. Performs assigned duties effectively to support the company's and department's mission, vision, values, turn-around times, and goals.
Completes assigned duties in a timely and efficient manner to maintain company and department turn-around times, goals, and objectives as established thru company policies, procedures, and all other forms of communication.
- In advance notifies the Purchasing Department Manager and/or Lead Purchasing Agent if assigned duties cannot or may not be completed in a manner consistent to meet department goals and objectives.
- Proactively and in a timely manner verifies the accuracy of vendor order confirmations compared to the company purchase order and other related order documents. Verifies all appropriate information such as pricing, product configuration, part numbers, delivery address, and other pertinent order information.
- Proactively and in a timely manner contacts the vendor when discrepancies or errors are found on the vendor order confirmation to have necessary corrective action taken. Actively follows up with vendor to ensure necessary corrective action was completed.
- Effectively communicates with vendors to obtain product or order information such as pricing, availability, estimated/scheduled ship dates, estimated delivery dates, order confirmation, delivery address, and other pertinent order information.
- Effectively communicates with company locations and other departments to provide product or order information such as pricing, availability, estimated/scheduled ship dates, estimated delivery dates, order confirmation, and other pertinent order information as requested.
- Properly files and maintains all purchasing related documents, communications, and notes in the manner established by company policies and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Technical training or minimum 1 year experience using MS Word, Excel, and Outlook required
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, and percentages required
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business documents, forms, periodicals, professional journals, and government regulations required
- Ability to effectively communicate in writing and verbally required
- 6 months purchasing experience preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changes in the work environment, processes, software, and procedures.
- An essential component of this position requires the employee to be accountable for their own actions and demonstrate a willingness to seek solutions to issues or problems.
- Ability to effectively balance department work quantity goals while maintaining department quality standards. Strives to increase productivity while seeking ways to improve and maintain quality.