New job Private Banker in Arkansas | 2021
Company : Arvest
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Arkansas
Position is Monday through Friday 8 am to 5 pm with the ability to work additional hours as needed.
Position is located at 401 N Walnut, Harrison, AR.
SUMMARY: The incumbent is responsible for generating growth in balances through the sale, promotion and referral of products utilizing a proactive and disciplined approach. Incumbent will have an assigned portfolio of clients and proactively meet with them to discover their financial needs and develop solutions to fulfill those needs. Depending upon the client’s individual needs, incumbent will work with internal strategic partners (such as Commercial Bankers, Business Bankers, Treasury Management associates and Financial Advisors), to ensure high net-worth clients and prospects have access to experts who can help them with specialized, comprehensive financial needs. The incumbent is to provide exemplary customer service and be consistently available to meet with clients as needed. Direct responsibilities include: underwriting commercial loans, generating consumer loans and deposits, managing loan portfolio risk and client relationships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Analyze and evaluate client relationships to determine products and services currently being used and additional items from which the client could benefit to meet his or her financial goals.
- Develop financial strategies using internal strategic partners designed to benefit private banking clients by fulfilling a financial need.
- As directed, develop quality prospects and Centers of Influence (COI’s), through internal and external referral sources, organization involvement, market research, target marketing specific industries or segments of the market.
- Analyze credit requests and utilize sound underwriting practices to determine an appropriate decision for a commercial loan request. Assimilate required documentation to process consumer loans using the bank’s policies and procedures. Ensure completion of loan closing and disbursements for the client.
- Manage portfolio risk by ensuring technical exceptions properly document loan requirements and secure the bank’s position in assigned collateral.
- Generate new loan and deposit business in accordance with the bank’s policy and procedures.
- Maintain client relationships using a strategic, focused customer contact system.
- Participate in joint calls with other Private Bankers, other lenders, treasury services, and/or wealth management specialists to demonstrate strategic partnerships within the bank.
- Understand and comply with bank policy, laws, regulations, and the bank's BSA/AML Program, as applicable to your job duties. This includes but is not limited to; complete compliance training and adhere to internal procedures and controls; report any known violations of compliance policy, laws, or regulations and report any suspicious customer and/or account activity.
- Develop knowledge and skills in wealth management in order to identify and provide a comprehensive approach to meeting a client’s full financial needs.
- Foster teamwork and private banking knowledge in all assigned branches to ensure a positive customer experience for qualified private banking clients.
- Cross-sell other services of the bank.
- Support and uphold the Arvest Mission Statement.
- Uphold the Arvest Code of Ethics and ensure that confidential information is safeguarded.
- Maintain a high level of cooperation and rapport with all associates in order to ensure accurate and efficient operations and service.
- Formulate and communicate new ideas and suggestions that will improve profitability and efficiency for the bank's overall operation.
- Promote professionalism at all times.
- Maintain involvement in community affairs to foster and promote the proper bank image at all times.
 Commercial credits are underwritten on the strength of the private client’s personal financial strength, i.e., personal financial statement, cash flow and assets.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Associates’ degree in accounting, finance or business, or equivalent related work experience is required.
- 2 years banking experience required.
- Completion of CFB 4 training within 6 months.
- Current NMLS SAFE Act registration or the ability to be registered within 30 days required.
- Bachelors’ degree in business or finance preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to arrive at work on time, work on site and have regular work attendance
- Must be able to occasionally work outside of normal business hours
- Must be able to travel offsite to meet with clients as needed
- Must be able to work cooperatively with other co-workers regardless of personality, presence or communication style
- Must be able to provide cordial customer service regardless of customer personality, presence or communication style
- Must be able to perform several tasks at once
- Must be able to work in a stressful atmosphere
- Must be able to rotate job tasks
- Must be able to greet others cordially
- Must be able to coordinate multiple and changing priorities
- Must be able to verbally communicate with all other associates
- Must be able to operate telephone, scanner, copier and FAX machines
- Must be able to occasionally work outside of normal business hours.
- Must be able to move from department, division, or bank to department, division, or bank to attend meetings
- Must be able to operate personal computer keyboard in order to create reports, schedules and other appropriate documentation
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and to talk and hear. The associate must occasionally reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch.
The associate may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.