New job Park Ranger 1 (Beltzville State Park Headquarters) in Pennsylvania | 2021
Park Ranger 1 (Beltzville State Park Headquarters)
Company : Commonwealth of PA
Salary : $16.05 - $23.60 an hour
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania has need of responsible people who are willing to work for the Park Region 4 Office, headquartered at Beltzville State Park. If you can adapt to a non-traditional work schedule, work with people, and be a part of a place that is enjoyed by visitors; then Park Region 4 has positions that may be of interest to you.
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST APPLY TO THIS VACANCY POSTING, MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS AND RECEIVE A SCORE. YOUR SCORE IS ONLY VALID FOR THIS SPECIFIC VACANCY. ONCE THIS POSITION IS FILLED, YOUR SCORE IS NO LONGER VALID.
Full-time seasonal employment.
- Work Hours: Monday through Sunday, 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM; 30 minute lunch.
- Work hours will vary.
- Works weekends, holidays and all shifts as needed directed by management.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this posting.
These positions entail public safety, visitor service work and outdoor recreation throughout the eastern region of Pennsylvania - this position has a reporting location of Beltzville State Park, Lehighton, PA, Carbon County. Travel is required. Work includes meeting with park visitors to answer questions regarding park facilities, recreational schedules, park history and environmental features along with explaining park rules, regulations, policies, procedures, goals and objectives.
Office work will require use of computer systems to make reservations for patrons.
Takes action during emergency situations to bring them under control; provides first aid as needed; organizes and assists with search and rescue operations to locate missing park visitors; inspects buildings and park structures for safety hazards and operates a motor vehicle.
- Must meet PA residency requirement – For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency.
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements - Two years of public contact work that involved the interpretation and explanation of public information; OR any equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Necessary Special Requirement - Possession of a valid motor vehicle operator's license.
- Necessary Special Requirement - Possession of a current American Red Cross Certificate in Multi-Media First-Aid, or an American Red Cross Certificate in Standard First-Aid, or a United States' Bureau of Mines Certificate in Standard First-Aid; AND possession of a certificate in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
- Do not submit resumes, cover letters, and similar documents. These documents will not be reviewed and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position or to determine your score. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
- If you are claiming education and/or certification in your answers to the supplemental application questions, you must attach a copy of your college transcripts and/or certification for your claim to be accepted toward meeting the minimum requirements. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Must be able to perform essential job functions.
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans’ Preference tab or contact us at email@example.com.
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Completing the application, including all supplemental questions, serves as your exam for this position. No additional exam is required at a test center (also referred to as a written exam).
- Your score is based on the detailed information you provide on your application and in response to the supplemental questions.
- Your score is valid for this specific posting only.
You must provide complete and accurate information or:
- your score may be lower than deserved.
- you may be disqualified.
- You may only apply/test once for this posting.
- Your results will be provided via email.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including health coverage, vision, dental, and wellness programs.*
We understand that there is more to life than work – and we want you to enjoy it!
For most positions, we offer paid vacation days, paid sick days, military leave, as well as paid time off for most major U.S. holidays. Alternate work schedules and telecommuting arrangements are available for certain positions.
We want to help you grow and see your goals become a reality! Supervisors and human resource staff are available to help employees create a plan to develop skills for their current jobs or prepare for the next step in their careers. Employees can easily transfer between positions or agencies to expand knowledge and pursue new challenges while retaining leave and benefits. Additionally, there are a variety of programs available to help get you where you need to be.
Commonwealth employees enjoy many other rewards, including opportunities for recognition, workplace charitable giving, and even special employee-only discounts.
For more information about benefits, health and wellness, work-life balance, career development, and other rewards go to www.employment.pa.gov and click on the benefits box.
- Eligibility rules apply.