New job One-Stop Operations Support Coordinator in Louisiana | 2021
One-Stop Operations Support Coordinator
Company : South Louisiana Community College
Salary : $38,021 a year
This position is grant funded by the federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) to help job seekers access employment, education, training, and support services to succeed in the labor market and to help employers hire and retain skilled workers.
The Operations Support Coordinator is responsible for supporting the coordination of day-to-day operations of One-Stop Centers through a variety of activities and records management. Duties relate to engaging and coordinating with all operations teams to ensure alignment of workflow to ensure operational efficiency and completing other special projects as assigned. This position works closely with partner agencies to ensure that all project requirements, deadlines, and schedules are on track to completion.
- Ensures transactional accuracy of processed invoices; reviews invoices for completeness, allowable costs, and ensures that Purchase Orders and Requisitions are prepared with back-up documentation to support request for payment.
- Works closely with supervisor and partner agencies to ensure that all parties are on track with project requirements, deadlines, and schedules.
- Coordinates with all partner agencies to keep workflow on track by establishing effective project communication plans; monitors all partner agency workflow and project communications.
- Prepares project status reports by gathering, analyzing, and summarizing relevant information.
- Facilitates and enters requisition requests to ensure accuracy, completeness, and all parties are informed of the impacts on schedule and budget; follows purchasing process for completeness.
- Coordinates and prepares for meetings, ensuring conference rooms have all supplies and the correct setup for the meeting, and ordering food/beverage service as needed.
- Coordinates conference calls and meetings among staff and with partner agencies, and external stakeholders.
- Develops and maintains resource referral clearinghouse for partner agencies and the general public.
- Collects and compiles data for reports; reviews for accuracy and provides technical assistance as needed; submits Time & Effort documentation to Accounting Department as scheduled.
- Participates in or manages assigned special projects; serves as the liaison to collaborate with peers, leaders, and partner agencies to ensure a successful outcome in all assignments.
- Prepares meeting agendas, minutes, handouts, presentations, spreadsheets and Word documents; transcribes minutes for meetings and disseminates accordingly.
- Tracks and disseminates changes and updates to policies and procedures; makes recommendations to improve and streamline operational functions; assists in establishing processes and SOP’s to help facilitate communication and cohesiveness amongst teams.
- Assists with community involvement initiatives by coordinating specific logistics details such as timeline, personnel, and equipment to event site.
- Adheres to applicable federal, state, and local laws, policies, and regulations in order to meet public workforce recruitment and contractual performance goals.
- Predictable and reliable attendance is required in order to provide consistency and continuity of business and educational services.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 2 years of experience in operational management.
- Experience in WIOA and workforce development sector.
- Knowledge in policies and practices in American Job Centers.
- Experience in forming diverse collaborative relationships.
- Able to ensure projects run smoothly by controlling workflow, scheduling assignments, evaluating the course of the project and reporting its status to the management and stakeholders.
- Time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Familiar with government grant management and expenditure processes.
- Proven experience in project oversight from beginning to execution.
- Ability to lead project teams of various sizes and see them through to completion.
- Strong understanding of managing heavy work volume in fast paced environment.
- Able to complete projects in a timely manner; ability to work in team-based setting.
- Understanding of federal and state compliance regarding American Job Center services.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to adapt to change.
- 2 years of related experience.
- Strong project management, organizational, and multi-tasking skills.
- Experience in using CRM databases and financial systems.
- Personal computer literacy, including effective use of the Internet.
- A high proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) with the ability to learn and efficiently utilize various case management software programs (e.g., Louisiana Workforce Hire system and US Workbase software).
- Successful project management skills and collaborative community and partnership engagement including private sector experience.
- Ability to meet and/or exceed set goals and objectives.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as public speaking skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with One Stop staff, Workforce Development Board members, education providers, economic and workforce development professionals, community representatives, employers, and public officials at all levels.
- All applicants must be able to work occasional over-time and weekend hours.