New job Marketing and Communications Coordinator in Iowa | 2021
Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Company : Children's Square USA
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Iowa
Children’s Square USA is a not-for-profit agency that has been serving the needs of children and families since December 1882. We are a diverse organization of professionals caring and supporting those we serve. Join us as we carry out our mission “To teach each child, every day, the values and life skills essential to a successful life – one full of Caring, Contribution, and Commitment.”
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator is responsible for supporting the overall objectives for Children’s Square by managing the marketing practices, digital presence, communications strategies, and event coordination for the agency. To support these efforts, the Marketing and Communications Coordinator will engage in marketing campaigns, special event coordination, graphic design, digital media and web development and updates. This position requires proven experience in technical writing, layout design, graphic design, event coordination, and website updates.
- The Marketing & Communications Coordinator develops social media and website content, writes copy for materials distributed both internally and externally, creates presentations, website updates, and develops other written content as requested.
- Coordinate marketing and community events, including overseeing logistics, managing registrations, coordinating with vendors, creating itineraries, and ordering marketing collateral materials.
- Ensure all marketing efforts serve to achieve immediate and long-term business goals, identifying and executing improvements for processes, content, and lead generation.
- Develop and complete email marketing campaigns, measure campaign effectiveness.
- Creative design to develop and maintain a compelling emotional brand appeal for consumers, donors, and workforce.
- Communicate and cultivate relationships with stakeholders, donors, and volunteers through database management.
- Further knowledge and skills regularly through workshops, research, and seminars, and shares best practices and marketing ideas and tactics for strategic initiatives.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with clients, staff, volunteers, and stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or Public Relations preferred.
- Three years related experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office, social media strategy, graphics design, and database management.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrate genuine, enthusiastic interest in new projects and possess the ability to help develop ideas for new projects.
- Experience with Adobe, Illustrator, or similar software. Graphic design experience required.
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platforms preferred.
- Detail-oriented, with strong attention to follow-through.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Passion for making change in our community.
- Must be a self-starter, responsible, dependable, and display the highest level of integrity.
Children’s Square U.S.A. is a private, not-for profit organization. Founded in 1882, Children’s Square U.S.A. has a rich history of caring for children from birth to 21 and their families, instilling hope and helping restore lives. Our mission is: “To teach, every day, the values and life skills essential to a successful life – one full of caring, contribution and commitment - Empowering each with: The Vision to See–and the value of setting an ideal for which to reach; The Courage to Try–and the value of accepting each obstacle as a challenge to meet; and The Will to Succeed–and the value of making the commitment to persevere.”
Our employees are the heart of who we are. If you have an interest in truly making a difference in the life of a child, Children’s Square U.S.A. may just be what you are looking for. Our mission-focused programming impacts the lives of over 1000 children and their families each and every day. Be a part of team that cares and comes to work each day with the desire to build a better tomorrow for a child.
Children’s Square U.S.A. is always looking for talented, self-motivated individuals to join our team. If you think you are ready to be a part of an exciting team, then we encourage you to continue with this applicant friendly, online job application!
Children’s Square U.S.A. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Cancer and Intensive Care Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- New Child Leave
- Unpaid Leave
- Family and Medical Leave
- Retirement Program
- Tax Sheltered Annuity
- Nursing Services on Campus
- Employee Assistance Program