New job Manager, GIS, Maps and Records in New Hampshire | 2021
Manager, GIS, Maps and Records
Company : Liberty
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New Hampshire
Our vision is to be the utility company most admired by customers, communities and investors for our people, passion and performance.
This position will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and ensuring the integrity of the Company’s gas and electric engineering maps and records.
- Manage the day-to-day electric and gas Geographic Information System (GIS) Mapping and Records activities including providing supervision to the GIS/Maps and Records technicians and the Property Rights Paralegal.
- Ensure the integrity of the Gas & Electrical system maps data integrity, records management and dissemination. Develop and implement the structure of engineering’s electronic filing system for projects, records, maps, procedures, and engineering support resources.
- Coordinate, develop, and implement future engineering web/shared page material on the Liberty Utilities East Website. Support the engineering, design, and operations functions to conduct their assigned activities including external reports and records. Undertake GIS designs and complex designs with engineering input.
- Ensure that property rights for the installation of company facilities are procured consistent with construction activities and that such rights are properly documented and recorded, meeting all internal and external requirements.
- Participate in customer and municipal/government meetings as the Company’s Mapping and Records Representative.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Civil, Mechanical or related field) with GIS concentration required.Seven years of gas /electrical operations support experience with a focus on GIS/Mapping and Records required.
- Demonstrated experience with the ability to develop and support electronic filing and records management systems.Strong familiarity with GIS and CAD software required. Five years’ experience in a GIS application environment, GIS Certification is a plus.
- Knowledge of utility infrastructure maps, records, and documents including documentation and storage systems required.
- Knowledge of utility equipment and its depiction on drawings and in records. The application of GIS drawings and records for complying with the governmental agency requirements for Dig Safe and internal company policy required.
- Knowledge of engineering drawings as a resource for project construction, operations, maintenance support, and review/approval processes required.
- Ability to become familiar with property rights requirements, internally and externally.
- Familiarity with good utility practice and business management including regulatory requirements desired.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
Who we are
We know that the services we provide directly affect and are essential to our customers’ quality of life and wellbeing. From homes to hospitals, elder-care facilities to elementary schools, our customers depend on our ability to continue to provide safe and reliable energy and water services. For more than 30 years, Liberty has demonstrated an unwavering commitment to delivering clean energy and water solutions. Our rapid growth has led both our renewable energy and regulated utility services into different geographies and commodities, but our purpose remains unchanged – Sustaining Energy and Water for Life.
Today, Liberty provides regulated water, electricity, and natural gas utility services to over 807,000 customers in the United States and Canada. And, our growing portfolio of clean, renewable wind, solar, hydro and thermal power generation facilities represents over 2 gigawatts (GW) of installed capacity and more than 1.6 GW of renewable energy projects under construction.
Through embedding sustainability in our day-to-day business decisions and putting our customers first in all that we do, we know that we can do well by doing good. We recognize that we have a role to play in leading the energy transition towards greener solutions for our customers and communities. And, our recent recognition in the 2020 Bloomberg Gender Equality Index and as one of the Top 10 of Corporate Knights Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World ranking are testaments to our work in sustainability.
About Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp:
Liberty is a subsidiary of Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp. (“Algonquin”). Algonquin is a North American diversified generation, transmission and distribution utility with $11 billion of total assets. Common shares, preferred shares, and installment receipts are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols AQN, AQN.PR.A, AQN.PR.D, and AQN.IR. APUC's common shares are also listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol AQN.
Visit our Careers Site at https://jobs.libertyenergyandwater.com/
Follow us on Twitter and join the conversation! @AQN_Utilities & @AQN_Careers
What we offer
Collaborative environment with a genuine flexible working policy
Share purchase/match plan
Top Talent Program
Volunteer paid days off
Employee Assistance Program
Free parking, including free electrical charging
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you are excited about this role, and are not certain you meet the all the qualification requirements, we encourage you to apply to further investigate the opportunity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person’s unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all of our employees and expect each of our employees to honor this commitment in their daily responsibilities.
As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the Talent Acquisition Team.