New job Management Assistant in Texas | 2021
Company : City of Corpus Christi
Salary : $14.78 - $24.23 an hour
Location : Texas
ATTENDANCE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION ARE AS FOLLOWS:Non-rotating 40-hour work week, Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. Must be available to work additional hours as needed.
- Assist front counter and help determine who has a right of access to reports, redacting and releasing crash reports, incident reports and calls for service to the citizens based on information provided.
- Assist the TRU (Telephone Reporting Unit) with UCR/NIBRS questions as well as providing back-up to customers via phone or in person.
- Assist police officers with reports and monthly statistics for grant purposes.
- Assist in training new clerks, approving reports, and emailing officers and detectives regarding issues with reports.
- Review and approve officer reports and TRU reports for accuracy following NIBRS guidelines.
- Assist in releasing and searching records from outside government agencies and other law enforcement agencies.
- Distribute incoming mail to appropriate personnel, maintain office inventory, order supplies and serve as back up to receptionist/mail clerk, TRU and front counter duties.
- May be asked to perform other duties as assigned.
- Requires an Associate’s Degree
- Minimum of two (2) years of related experience
- A combination of education and pertinent experience may be considered.
- Texas Municipal Retirement System – TMRS is a required retirement plan for all full-time employees. Each employee automatically contributes 7% of their total compensation. The City will match employee contributions 2 to 1 during retirement.
- Medical/dental/vision/life coverage for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Vacation – 88+ hours per year
- Personal leave – 40 hours per year
- Sick leave – 96 hours per year
- Voluntary 457b deferred compensation plan
- Eight (8) Holidays
- Flexible Spending Account
- City Employee Health & Wellness Clinic & City Employee Fitness Center
- Learning & Development Academy
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- Employee Recognition Programs
Basis of Rating
Application review and the City may also conduct additional skill assessment tests, in addition to the panel interview.
- Selected applicants must be able to pass a background investigation and a pre-employment drug test.
- Any position that lists a minimum qualification for education level and/or license/certification will require the applicant to provide proof of documentation if selected for hire into the position with the City of Corpus Christi.
- In the event of an emergency, employees are required to work to provide for the safety and well-being of the public, including the delivery and restoration of vital services.