New job ISP Field Technician in Vermont | 2021
ISP Field Technician
Company : Tilson Technology Management
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Vermont
Tilson is on a mission to build America's information infrastructure and we are seeking individuals from across the country to join us. Recognized on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for ten years in a row, Tilson is a high growth team of driven professionals with a national practice. We build high-performing teams who take on the largest and most impactful projects for our clients.
- Provide local, friendly, patient, and prompt customer service support. Function as a brand ambassador, providing information about company products, services, and networks to current and prospective customers.
- Document installations and service orders and track time spent in Tilson’s BSS/OSS system Sonar. Report weekly on progress.
- Perform all common types of telecommunication installations, including but not limited to installing fiber optic cables; ethernet cabling termination; wireless network equipment installation; network configuration of common end-user computing devices.
- Maintain assigned tools and equipment in good operating condition, perform regular maintenance, and schedule any needed repairs or calibrations.
- Ability to analyze buildings and workspaces for best Wi-Fi signal coverage using wireless test equipment and site survey tools.
- Install and configure home routers and home networks to enable customer access to the Internet.
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite of products; Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a customer-facing position
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a service technician or combination of a college degree and experience equaling 4 years.
- Ability to read GIS systems and engineering drawings and diagrams.
- Ability to analyze problems quickly and accurately and adopt effective courses of action
- (PREFERRED NOT REQUIRED) Knowledge of the common sources of trouble in telecommunications equipment and lines.
- (PREFERRED NOT REQUIRED) 3 years’ experience as a telecommunications and/or cable technician
We accomplish our mission with a team of experts working collaboratively on meaningful, impactful projects for our clients. Our team environment fosters intellectual curiosity, motivates employees, and cultivates talented people who work with purpose, mastery and autonomy. We strive to listen to our clients, partner with them as a team, and accept their goals as our own.
Tilson believes in Safety, Integrity, Accountability, Professionalism, Respect, and Composure. To learn more about Tilson, the benefits we offer and our values , we invite you visit our website or visit our LinkedIn , Glassdoor , or Facebook pages for an inside glimpse at our culture.
Successful candidates will be required to submit to criminal background check and may be subject to a drug screen.
Tilson is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer.