New job Insurance Associate Examiner in Connecticut | 2021
Insurance Associate Examiner
Company : State of Connecticut - Department of Insurance
Salary : $81,814 - $105,221 a year
Applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies.
This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs) which will be sent to you via email after the closing date. The email notification will include an expiration date by which you must submit (Finish) your responses. Please regularly check your email for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders, as emails could end up there in error.
The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date on the job opening, unless otherwise specified.
Should you have questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Raisa Capellan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SPECIAL EXPERIENCE
One (1) year of the General Experience must have been in a professional capacity. Professional capacity will be interpreted as work requiring the exercise of independent analysis and judgment in the application of professional principles and practices of underwriting, actuarial work or product development in the insurance industry or of government regulation of insurance policy forms and/or rates.
NOTE: For State Employees, this is interpreted at the level of Insurance Examiner or Insurance Examiner (Examination and Market Conduct).
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED
2. A Master's degree in insurance, business administration, economics or a closely related field may be substituted for an additional year of the General Experience.
3. A Certified Life Underwriter (CLU) or Certified Property and Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) designation may be substituted for an additional year of the General Experience.
- Experience interpreting insurance law, regulations and guidelines;
- Experience with business practices and operational procedures of insurance companies;
- Experience with the Department of Insurance policy contracts and forms;
- Experience interpreting and applying insurance statutes, regulations and bulletins;
- Experience with insurance rates and rating procedures;
- Experience with contracts and property laws.
2. Incumbents in this class may be required to possess and retain a valid Motor Vehicle Operator’s license.