New job INFORMATION AIDE in Rhode Island | 2021
Company : State of Rhode Island
Salary : $40,798 - $52,622 a year
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: To independently provide a broad spectrum of substantive, authoritative and technical information through assessment of client/customer needs, research/analysis and resource evaluation; and to do related work as required.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Works under the general supervision of a superior with latitude for the exercise of independent judgement; work is periodically reviewed for satisfactory performance and conformance with instructions, guidelines and final objectives.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: May supervise assigned staff.
- To independently provide a broad spectrum of substantive, authoritative and technical informational services through assessment of client/customer needs, research/analysis and resource evaluation.
- On an ongoing basis, and as the primary work assignment, to interact with clients, customers, officials, the general public, and employees in providing informational services available.
- To make initial determinations of information required and provide appropriate referral and/or resources or services available.
- To collect, interpret, organize and/or prepare data for the purpose of complying with informational requests.
- To maintain currency of relevant information and resources available directly related to the function of the unit or the services provided.
- As required, to perform a variety of generic clerical tasks including typing, filing recordkeeping, money and fee collection, etc.
- To do related work as required.
KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS AND CAPACITIES: A working knowledge of state government, and assigned services and programs; a working knowledge of general office practices; the ability to perform duties in the areas of information research and analysis, client/customer information assessment, referral and material distribution and resource maintenance and preparation; the ability to perform keyboard functions with reasonable speed and accuracy; the ability to perform routine clerical tasks; the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, customers, superiors and the public; and related capacities and abilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: Such as may have been gained through: graduation from a senior high school; and
Experience: Such as may have been gained through: employment in a responsible clerical position which involved dealing with the public, customers or clients.
Or, any combination of education and experience that shall be substantially equivalent to the above education and experience.
Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and understanding of websites.