New job HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (MILITARY) in Kansas | 2021
HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (MILITARY)
Company : US Department of the Army
Salary : $44,128 - $57,368 a year
THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (MILITARY), Position Description Number D2055000 and is part of the KS Joint Forces Headquarters, Topeka, KS, Kansas Army National Guard.
As a HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT, GS-0203-07, you will plan, organize, and administer the military personnel program for the organization. Serve as the technical expert on a variety of administrative matters (e.g. format for directives and standing operating procedures, general office procedures, filing systems, reference libraries, etc.). Provide authoritative advice and guidance to the commander and his staff pertaining to military personnel administration. Keep abreast and ensure the implementation of new policy statements, regulations and directives issued by higher headquarters concerning personnel and administrative activities. Develop guidelines and operational procedures to implement changes to policies and programs directed by higher headquarters. Research and resolve the most difficult military personnel problems and questions, including those where regulation is only partially relevant or is incomplete. Prepare and forward required documentation for officer promotion packets for required state and federal board actions. Conduct records review with officers and update records in preparation for upcoming officer board actions. Implement the enlisted promotion system at the command level. Establish suspense dates for subordinate organizations for the completion and submission of actions. Perform other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
0203 Human Resources Assistance
Conditions of Employment
- KANSAS NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED.
- This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state's National Guard, required prior to the effective date of placement.
- Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
- Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- ELIGIBLE FOR SITUATIONAL TELEWORK ONLY, INCLUDING EMERGENCY AND OPM PRESCRIBED "UNSCHEDULED TELEWORK"
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance within one year of appointment
- This position is covered by the Domestic Violence Misdemeanor Amendment (30 Sep 96) Gun Control Act (Lautenberg Amendment) of 1968. An individual convicted of a qualifying crime of domestic violence may not perform the duties of this position.
- Ability to establish effective professional working relationships with coworkers and customers, contributing to a cooperative working environment and successful accomplishment of the mission.
- May occasionally be required to work other than normal duty hours; overtime may be required.
- Duties/responsibilities of job may significantly impact the environment. You are responsible to maintain awareness of your environmental responsibilities as dictated by legal and regulatory requirements, your organization, and its changing mission.
Military Grades: E4 through E6
Compatible Military Assignments: ECMF: 42 EMOS: 00F
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Administrative or clerical experience, education, or training which demonstrates the candidate's ability to perform the duties of the position. Experience using computer and automation systems.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Must have at least 12 months experience in the interpretation and application of regulations, procedures or laws. Experience that provided a working knowledge of administrative functions. Experience performing personnel transactions. Experience working independently and setting priorities with very little supervisory control.
Physical Demands: Work is sedentary. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
Work Environment: Work is performed in a typical office setting. Special safety precautions are not required.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC WHEN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
If you fail to properly upload ANY required document, your application will not be considered. Please carefully review which documents are required. Preview all uploaded documents to ensure you uploaded the CORRECT document.
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
1. A COMPLETED RESUME IS REQUIRED: Your resume must show relevant experience, where you worked, job title, detailed duties and accomplishments written in your own words (Do not plagiarize), employer's name and address, supervisor's name and phone number, starting and ending dates (including Month and Year, e.g., 02/2017, Feb 2017, etc.), hours per week and salary. If you are a current Federal employee or previous Federal employee, provide your position title, pay plan, series and grade. Your detailed experience must be listed under each job title with starting and ending dates. Resume must show applicants name and contact information.
2. For current Federal employees: Provide the latest SF50, Personnel Action reflecting your current pay and position.
3. Over-grade applicants of E7 must provide a written statement of understanding with their application, indicating a willingness to be administratively reduced in grade to E6 if selected for the position.
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO DOCUMENT, IN YOUR APPLICATION PACKAGE, EVIDENCE THAT SUPPORTS YOUR ELIGIBILITY AND QUALIFICATION CLAIMS. You must upload the applicable documents with your application package. These documents will assist the staffing specialist in determining your eligibility and competency qualifications.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Opens in a new windowLearn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
This job is open to
National Guard & Reserves
Current members, those who want to join, or transitioning military members.
Clarification from the agency
Current members of the Kansas Army National Guard