New job HR Staffing Specialist (100% Remote) in Mississippi | 2021
HR Staffing Specialist (100% Remote)
Company : General Dynamics Information Technology
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Mississippi
Travel Required: Less than 10%
Public Trust: NACI (T1)
Requisition Type: Pipeline
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) has partnered with NASA to consolidate select Procurement, Finance, Human Resources (HR), and Information Technology activities from the 10 NASA Centers into a single shared services center located at Stennis Space Center in southern Mississippi.
The mission of the NASA Shared Services Center (NSSC) is to provide timely, accurate, high-quality, cost-effective, and customer-focused support for selected NASA business and technical services.
GDIT has an opportunity on the NSSC contract for an HR Staffing Specialist to contribute to our success in providing HR Staffing Services for NASA. This will be a full-time position, located onsite at NASA Stennis Space Center, Mississippi.
The HR Staffing Specialist will be responsible for staffing and recruitment activities to include:
- Review of submission packages for completeness and coordination with the selecting official, administrative officer and HR point of contact to ensure all documentation has been received.
- Completion of job analysis to include historical research of prior positions or open certificates.
- Development of vacancy announcements in the Talent Acquisition System.
- Determining applicant qualifications in accordance with OPM and NASA qualification requirements.
- Generation of notifications to each applicant to provide final ratings or selection status.
- Development of job offers to include notification of tentative offer, requests and verification of required documentation, and tracking responses from the candidates.
- Initiation and approval of required personnel actions in support of staffing and recruitment actions.
The candidate must have knowledge and experience applying the following technical knowledge and competencies:
- Delegated Examining
- Merit Promotion Process
- Developing job opportunity announcements (JOAs)
- Special Appointing Authorities
- Making Qualification Determinations and Analysis
- Veterans Benefit Programs
- Category Rating
- Competitive Personnel Actions / Non-Competitive Personnel Actions
- Priority Consideration Programs
- Eligibility Requirements
- Minimum 4 years of HR experience to include support services to Federal HR Staffing. Experience with NASA NSSC is preferred.
- USAStaffing experience is preferred.
- DEU certification is required. NSSC candidates will complete certification after start date.
- Knowledge of Federal staffing policies to include experience with adjudicating qualifications, veteran’s preference, delegated examining and merit promotion.
- Possess excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to meet strict deadlines while handling a high volume of work.
#GDITPriorityWe are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.