New job GRANTS ADMINISTRATOR - BUDGET & PROGRAM MANAGEMENT OFFICE in South Carolina | 2021
GRANTS ADMINISTRATOR - BUDGET & PROGRAM MANAGEMENT OFFICE
Company : The City of Columbia, South Carolina
Salary : $55,859 - $71,220 a year
Location : South Carolina
This position supervises all aspects of the grant-writing process, from research and grant identification to application submission to post-award grant management. Post-award grant management will vary by grant. Analyzes department needs and assists in strategic planning with respect to allocating resources in pursuit of possible funding sources via grants. The incumbent is responsible for writing the vast majority of materials required for the City's grants and work with numerous City departments.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supervises submission process of complex federal, state, and foundation grants involving multiple City employees of all levels (managerial and non-managerial) along with outside entities;
- Analyzes needs and existing resources of various departments and assists in strategic planning with respect to allocating City resources in pursuit of grants;
- Writes narratives, proposals, reports, summaries, etc., according to grant guidelines and criteria;
- Creates/manages grants database and develop/update timeline of grants applied for and awarded;
- Evaluates grant submission process;
- Assists departments in development of grant budgets;
- Post-award grant administration and grant reporting will vary by grant;
- Researches, obtains, and compiles information for required grant submission process;
- Researches and identifies possible grants and other available funding sources and pursue on behalf of the City;
- Makes presentations to City departments, elected officials, other grant agencies, civic organizations, or businesses on grants or other possible funding sources for programs and services;
- Speaks on behalf of/represent the City in meetings about programs and services where questions/issues regarding possible funding sources arise;
- Maintains grant web pages on City's website;
- Responds to inquiries from public, City departments, press, elected officials, other government agencies, nonprofits, civic organizations, or businesses, and handles general email correspondence and clerical duties;
- Attends training, meetings, workshops, etc.; and
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or public administration, finance, accounting, or closely related field;
- Five (5) years of relevant prior experience in grant management, grant writing and grant administration;
- Valid South Carolina Class “D” Driver’s License.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS:The work is considered light and involves walking or standing some of the time and involves exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force to move objects.